Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Help Needed, Please?

contentmentfarm

New in Town
I haven't been around for a while as I had two computers crash at the same time and have been transitioning to a new computer. Anyway, I'm trying to get back on track and caught up with things so I took some photos of a few men's hats yesterday.

These two I thought were particularly good looking but you all may have other thoughts. Could you clue me in to what either of them are as far as style and age etc? I'd be most appreciative!

First this hat labeled Panizza, Italy.
panizzad.jpg

and, this straw Stetson.

stetsona.jpg

The top one is a homburg. The second one appears to be a milan (pronounced MY lan, and not Mee LON, like the city in Italy) straw.

Hard to say how old they are without a bit more evidence, such as might be provided by photos of their insides. And even then it's mostly educated guesswork.

contentmentfarm

New in Town
Thanks for the help and replies. I'm really trying hard to learn but men's stuff is like learning a foreign language for me. One of these days I'll catch up with the rest of you!

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
I think I've heard a model or brand called Panizza Royal, but couldn't remember where I read it. Yes, if the hat still has liner and the sweatband intact, there should be beter info. Or maybe in the thread Classic Hatmakers list?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy