Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hatpeople cap

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Well, I got my Hatpeople cap the other day. I like it. This one is the "deep" cut, which is trimmer and not nearly as floppy as the "standard" full cut, which is just what I wanted. This one looks more like the golf caps shown in the 1897 Sears Catalog.

This one is a herringbone wool, which is light gray and dark blue, with the addition of a brown and a green line. It is very nice, fine Pendleton wool (would make a nice suit...). The liner is a poly/cotton sort of stuff, almost satiny, in a complimentary red and gray color with a wave crest pattern. The headband is a smooth, soft grosgrain ribbon. The bill is much wider than the bill on my Hanna 8pc cap, and it is soft, with no plastic insert to stiffen it. No snap either, so you can wear it as you wish.

Cap1.jpg

Cap2.jpg

Cap3.jpg

It only took about two weeks to get to me. Like $45 or something like that. I like it, and I might try another. Their colors change as fabric is available, and right now they show a neat brown houndstooth....I might get that in a full cut...

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I really like the look of that one on you. I like the floppy look normally, but the fit of that one is real snazzy. I'm gonna have to check those guys out.

tracyam

One of the Regulars
So far I've not had a good experience with this company. I ordered a full cut and it came in the mail looking exactly like your deep cut. When I told them this they recommended I buy another hat, the extra full cut, and gave me the excuse: all of the hats are handmade and not all of them will be alike or like what is shown on the website. Now I have to pay $6 to send it back.

Fortunately, the hat has grown on me over the last week and a half and I'm hesitant to send it back now. I'd really like an extra full cut (since that apparently is the only thing as floppy as the pics on their website) I just don't want to give them any more business right now.

But to be fair. The material is super nice. I know what you mean. I love that really small herringbone pattern and the colors are beautiful.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
That hat looks great on you.:eusa_clap I have one of their caps too. It's a brown wool standard cut (which came out looking rather full, I think). It's one of my favorite caps. I like the fact that there is no insert in the brim, the cap is soft enough to stick into a jacket pocket and not be noticed.

rgraham

A-List Customer
Great to see what one in that cut looks like. And, it does look good. Very sporty.

I've bought 3 of their caps with no problems. I'm wearing one now, as they are very comfortable and warm. The material is superb, and the choices are many. Sorry to those that didn't get what they wanted, but I'd buy more from them in the future.

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Rgraham, got any photos of any of yours? What "cut" are they? Like I said, I'm thinkin' of getting a full cut one next.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
That cap really suits you well. I don't think the full cut will be noticably different. Recent photos seem to show little difference. The extra full will be much more generous. I can say that for sure. :D

tracyam

One of the Regulars
The "Full Cut"

For what it's worth...here is the "full cut." As you can see there isn't much difference between full and deep cuts.
01.jpg

02.jpg

I too, like the brim on these hats.

rgraham

A-List Customer
Fatdutchman said:
Rgraham, got any photos of any of yours? What "cut" are they? Like I said, I'm thinkin' of getting a full cut one next.

There are a couple of shots of the caps in another thread about NB caps.
They were shot on dummy heads, so take that for what it's worth. But, there's nothing like seeing them on a real person's head.

I have promised to take some shots "wearing" the caps, but have not got around to it......... yet.

Tracyam, That can't be a full cut. Someone screwed the pooch somewhere along the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24