Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Got home less than 30 minutes ago. Tipping a glass of Founders Oatmeal Breakfast Stout after a long week of travels/work.

i-3nPZHhV-M.jpg

Cheers folks. Best, Eric -
Way to relax in a great hat. Welcome home.

Good call. I haven't had any Rebel Yell in awhile. Time for a look at the ABC store. I especially like the enamel coated steel coffee cup delivery system.

The more I look at that hat band, the more I enjoy it, especially the peaks and valleys of the design.
Thanks BB. Got a couple of enamelware cups in the swag when I went on the KY Bourbon Trail Tour. The Small Batch Reserve & their Single Barrel is what I have; pretty good for what it is.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A frosted glass, then the pour. My dad taught me to properly decant a beer, at an early age. Searching out which ales are legitimate, and which are gimmick, is a daunting task. But I will keep my nose to the grindstone. The Thoroughbred hat is becoming quite favored.
Oh yea, this ale is legitimate.
825c46b136a4577cc6ac312dd3b7930f.jpg
d4a0ba43fadb5564354a3a06d42c8a96.jpg
476288896f2f75d2cbb5370bf16c93c7.jpg
b272b4ae3fab28c716aeb5d57ff903db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A frosted glass, then the pour. My dad taught me to properly decant a beer, at an early age. Searching out which ales are legitimate, and which are gimmick, is a daunting task. But I will keep my nose to the grindstone. The Thoroughbred hat is becoming quite favored.

I like a diligent man in fine looking headgear. Good looking brew.

Good looking Pale Ale DD. Makes me salivate with that frosted glass! The Thoroughbred looks great too. I'm liking the whole set up!

Errands this afternoon took me near a local brewery and I picked a growler and some recent works at Omni Brewing.

i-34bNDKh-M.jpg

i-hTNN4rJ-M.jpg

I wore a vtg. blue Stetson Playboy.

Home opening the Berry Grove Fusion in a Gannon (modern moss green beaver felt with gill ribbons).

i-wsMZDm7-M.jpg

Cheers folks. Best wishes, Eric -
Vtg Playboys are sweet. Your's looks exceptionally nice Eric! Enjoy the growler too. Granite City tapped their Bourbon Brown Ale last night but I missed the tapping party. I may mosey up that way shortly.

IMG_8326.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My frequency of posting in this thread has me thinking I should on the defensive for comments about being a lush. Honest I do not imbibe to excess. After a tough couple of weeks and a long work Saturday morning I have been touring round the yard and dock wearing a new Australian cap. To point I have been enjoying my growler of Omni Dirty Hippy. I opened it earlier this week, but it takes me some time to work thru the entire bottle. Maybe I need to work harder. ;) Great tasting beer to celebrate some hard working days.

i-4hPf9sF-M.jpg

i-75JKSCW-M.jpg

Cheers folks! I would happily uncap and tip a brew for you this afternoon. Soon to start roasting a beef roast on the grill.

i-Ktg9ppr-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

My frequency of posting in this thread has me thinking I should on the defensive for comments about being a lush. Honest I do not imbibe to excess.
Don't know why anyone would think that of you Eric. There are only 2-3 of us who seem to keep this thread going. And although I post a fair amount about premium coffees also, I would be at the top of that list & therefore seen as the lush.

Learning about, cellaring, drinking & enjoying quality whiskeys, wines & beer is a hobby no different than any other hobby on which you might spend your leisure time & money. I enjoy reading the reviews of others & writing them but have decided recently if I want to write further reviews on premium beers & whiskey it will be for one of the many Whiskey forums on the internet & not in this thread. Obviously if one drinks whatever is on sale at Walmart then one doesn't look at it as a hobby and no review is necessary. By the same token I won't be making any recommendations to try either.

So for lack of participation let this thread drop off the page.

"Here's to that hole that never heals..."

IMG_8303.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Don't know why anyone would think that of you Eric. There are only 2-3 of us who seem to keep this thread going. And although I post a fair amount about premium coffees also, I would be at the top of that list & therefore seen as the lush.

Learning about, cellaring, drinking & enjoying quality whiskeys, wines & beer is a hobby no different than any other hobby on which you might spend your leisure time & money. I enjoy reading the reviews of others & writing them but have decided recently if I want to write further reviews on premium beers & whiskey it will be for one of the many Whiskey forums on the internet & not in this thread. Obviously if one drinks whatever is on sale at Walmart then one doesn't look at it as a hobby and no review is necessary. By the same token I won't be making any recommendations to try either.

So for lack of participation let this thread drop off the page.

"Here's to that hole that never heals..."

View attachment 132686

Agreed. My comment was half serious and intended to comment on others. The most recent passing of a friend due to drug abuse had me doing a self check and spewing light sarcastic humor.

I do enjoy reading about what you fellers are enjoying. I have even tried a couple of the fine whiskeys that have been showcased on this thread after reading about them. Only a couple have I enjoyed. Can you imagine they have been the more expensive ones? Taste, darn taste!

Jack, an enjoyable hobby done in moderation. Cheers sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails