Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Looking for ways to use up all of our limes, we bought a bottle of tequila (as you do). Well, several Margaritas later, the tequila is almost gone and we’re still getting loads of limes. So when it came time to purchase another bottle, I decided to take @Hurricane Jack’s advice from a while back and try a Blanco. Between margaritas, I did a quick taste comparison. I’m no tequila expert, but I’d guess these are mid range.
I went for the Blanco first… View attachment 559941
and followed it with the Reposado.
View attachment 559942
I was surprised to find that I preferred the tongue tingle that the Blanco gave me.
Feeling guilty for having a hatless day, I’m donning my Dobbs Homburg (in my PJs) to cap off the evening with a Bunnahabhain Eirigh Na Greine.
View attachment 559946
I’ve read that it may be genetic why some people like the taste of cilantro (I do) & those who don’t, absolutely hate the taste; no middle ground. To some degree I think the taste of agave might be like that. Those who don’t like it have to hide the taste in a cocktail, or maybe drink an aged Repo, Anejo, or an XA.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Morning coffee and a breakfast beer grilling andouille sausages for my breakfast.

i-wssFqQx-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. My "happy hour" is post work and tonight that means around 10:00 pm. My HH beverage is a SD, USA beer - a Covert Artisan Ales and Cellars offering. The Dome of Obedience IPA, 7% ABV, was given to me by a co-worker who visited South Dakota this past weekend. I owe him as the beer is grand. A New England hazy that maintains NE IPA without getting overwhelmed with "hazy."

i-fwr4XtT-M.jpg

i-DhPvfvm-M.jpg

It is grand to have friends. Much less friends who understand.

Cheers, Eric. -

Generally I look forward to drinking seasonal beers in season, & look forward to that change over. Starting to wrap up Oktoberfest season @ GC with a couple Oktoberfests, a double Elijah Craig Bourbon neat, & a Cosmic Cow Milk Stout just tapped @ 6.5% ABV. All under my BSHW heather short nap with halo-2 trim stitch.

IMG_8936.jpeg

IMG_8937.jpeg

IMG_8938.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Friday evening folks.

The past few days I have treated myself to (upper left to right) a Founders Porter, Guinness Stout, Surley Supreme and a St. Gail Raspberry Honey Ale.

i-RnNnHcG-M.jpg

For the past couple of days the hardy beers, Stouts and Porters, have been very satisfying in the late evening as our temps have dropped.

Cheers, Eric -

SPayne

New in Town
Okay, so mikespens gave me an idea for this thread. It's a "match your hat with your drink" thread. In other words, match a dark brown fedora to a Guinness or a silverbelly 7XCB to a vodka martini. Get it? And it doesn't have to be a felt color; it can be a ribbon or even an edge binding. But something needs to match the color. Maybe it's a decent thread; maybe it's too basic and pointless; or maybe I've just given you a very good reason to break out the glasses. I'll be the first...

Dark brown Dobbs with a Guinness

4F01DAA7.jpg
I am new to the hat thing, so sexy! Wish more men rocked them! Do women wear hats too? It might be a cool look I could get into. -Stephy

SPayne

New in Town
Good Friday evening folks.

The past few days I have treated myself to (upper left to right) a Founders Porter, Guinness Stout, Surley Supreme and a St. Gail Raspberry Honey Ale.

i-RnNnHcG-M.jpg

For the past couple of days the hardy beers, Stouts and Porters, have been very satisfying in the late evening as our temps have dropped.

Cheers, Eric -
Love this! Keep charging!

The Shoe

One Too Many
I am new to the hat thing, so sexy! Wish more men rocked them! Do women wear hats too? It might be a cool look I could get into. -Stephy
Absolutely they do. The lounge hat forum is dominated by men, but we do get the odd female posting, and I post photos of my wife in her hats fairly regularly. I will again later today. Keep an eye out on the What Hat are you Wearing Today thread.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday I enjoyed a Guinness grilling some breakfast sausages.

i-7x55QPB-M.jpg

"Preaching to the choir," but I wanted to share I sampled an "Irish" Guinness. My neighbor procured some Irish Guinness. I sampled them back to back. The Irish poured with more nitrogen foam, tasted fresher and bright. Same recipe and efforts, but they taste different. Back to back it was very obvious. I am in "line" to acquire some on his next delivery.

Cheers, Eric -

VS Playboy clone in BlueSmoke for HH. This hat will go in the box soon before sloppy winter weather arrives. A couple of Breckinridge Brewing’s Christmas Ales before switching to a winter fav, Ayinger Brewing’s Celebrator Bravarian Doppelbach @ 6.7% ABV. And a Stout sample which didn’t even move my radar.

IMG_8977.jpeg

IMG_8978.jpeg

IMG_8976.jpeg

IMG_8979.jpeg

IMG_8980.jpeg

First stop last night on Thanksgiving Eve was just to meet up with friends for common beers, under my OR RD. Once everyone arrived we quickly moved on from there where I enjoyed several Caballito Cerrero Blanco Tequila doubles. Top shelf, Caballito Cerrero Blanco neat brought forth tastes of wood fired, stone oven caramelized agave, a musky, earthy taste I very much enjoyed, & a woodsmoke & ash aftertaste. Very campfire-like. 92 proof. Expensive.

IMG_9003.jpeg

IMG_9004.jpeg

IMG_9001.jpeg

IMG_9006.jpeg

IMG_9005.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80