Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats at Work - A Photo Thread

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Here's a cool work shot that wouldn't be a re-post:
2012-06-15145715.jpg

Stetson 3x OR on the stage of the Greek Theater at UC Berkeley, my family's flower shop was doing the floral arrangements that day.

This one is a repost:
20120914_171211_edit0.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
VS Silverbelly

I have already posted this in the Art Fawcett thread but thought I would include it here since it was at work.

The hat is an Art Fawcett (Vintage Silohouettes) silverbelly with the same dimensions as a vintage Stetson Open Road. Thin ribbon and matching bound 2 3/4" brim, 5 1/2" open crown that is in a cattleman's crease.

VSSilverbelly201.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Blackthorn, seeing you in so many exotic locales over the years, I must have assumed you were a wealthy mogul of some sort! Reassuring to know you come about it honestly. :)

Water treatment for urban areas has to be as complex as the multiple monitors around you suggest. If I lived closer I'd make an appointment for a tour of the plant.
Thanks Randall, it is a very technical job, and I enjoy it because of that. It also gives me a lot of overtime, since qualified people are in short supply, and that overtime goes to travel. I'd love to give you a tour, but i know we live too far apart. I'm retiring in March, making it even less likely that I could give you a tour. I'm hoping to still be able to travel after retiring, but I'll just have to see how it works out. Thanks again. :)

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Jared - Great Stetson and a great re-post!

Scotty - I am very fond of rock-climbing. Thanks for sharing that! :thumb:

Mike - Impressive hat. Impressive rig.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Opening up the gym for a morning practice last month. No hats for me during the practices!

IMG2705-M.jpg

Practices are 7:00-10:00am and then 3:00-6:30pm during the week for our more advanced gymnasts. Our girls are "tuff, buff and pretty!" Air travel to training camps, and meets are part of the gig. Hats must travel well or they are not usefull.

IMG0416-S.jpg

My hats spend long days around the gym schedule.

Photo-on-2011-10-27-at-1125-2-S.jpg

Best to all, Eric -

(Hats are: VS Executive, VS Stratoliner, 50's Stetson Stratoliner)

Last edited:

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Took the photo this morning. First day this autumn that I had to wear my heavier winter coat (temperatures dropping), so I also had to switch to my brown Federation IV. I work as a vocational teacher educator (teaching future teachers, that is) and since much of that teaching happens online, I'm usually at my computer.

hat_at_work.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
Mike - Impressive hat. Impressive rig.

Thanks. All of Art's hats are impressive. You can't really tell from the picture but that is a big rig. That particular well it is drilling will be a total measured distance of a little over 16,000'. It will go approximately 9,000' vertically and then 7,000' horizontally. It takes a lot of power to pull that much pipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot