Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats at Work - A Photo Thread

One Too Many
three jobs in my life:

DSC_6473.jpg

Swimming Coach ¡¡¡:eusa_clap
DSC_7343.jpg

Cultivating friends ¡¡¡¡:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
elfotografo_zps84f0ffc0.jpg

Take fotos in all the world ¡¡:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Three, always in one fedora ¡¡¡¡

One Too Many
NIkkor ¡¡¡

Hi Alan ¡¡¡ thanks for your kind words, Yes it is a Nikkor 200 MM f 4.0 this lens was acquired to a Nikon F, which still keep with this and other lens, are fabulous ¡¡¡¡

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Bumping this thread with a video of my TEDx talk... lightweight 40s Stratoliner is comfortable outdoors and indoors under the lights!

Really nice. I like pictures of our solar system. I've used pictures taken by Mars rovers as background for some time.

Here it is Randall's Stetson waiting for me near "my" 27" iMac. Funny... wallpaper have stars!
hatatwork.jpg

Monte

A-List Customer
...Mac and the Pantone color swatches? You must be a graphics guy. I used to design phone books before I switched to my landscaping business.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. 18 minutes is a long time to sit still with youtube.

I overcame Attention Deficit and was able to watch the entire talk in two sittings. Excellent perspectives on all fronts, Alan. Thank you for posting and showing what we otherwise might miss. The universe waits for no one!

Landman

One Too Many
Bumping this thread with a video of my TEDx talk... lightweight 40s Stratoliner is comfortable outdoors and indoors under the lights!

Alan,

I really enjoyed watching the video. Your photographs are spectacular. The Stratoliner looked great too!

Thanks for posting the link.

Mike

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Alan !
I love your Job.
where i live on a clear night it is amazing what i can see with my eyes alone (& they dont see too well).
But this is just beyond my imagination, Just Beautiful & well done you are a natural speaker & very clear .
Super sharp hat tooooooo.
Ill pass this on to my kids 2 of whom wished to be Astronauts as kids well 1 named my grandaughter Estrella !

Thank you Che... I hope your kids and grandkids find it interesting. I have to drive a ways before I can find a good dark sky. It helped refuel my astronomy to focus on the big old star we see in the daytime.

cheers,
Alan

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My workplace for the next three days at the Boston Seafood Show. One of my Whippets came along on setup day.

smugshot_5003896-L.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Found this lens for a high-end video projector at work the other day. It's a fixed 0.8:1 short throw bayonet. David and Alan, you can probably relate to this, since you know your cameras and lenses. It was used as a door stop, because it was damaged.

FF549645.jpg

21F4EFDE.jpg

If you can't tell in the pics, the lens is HUGE. It's about 15 lbs. and probably 8"-10" in diameter. If ordered separately for a projector, it would roughly cost $5,000 - $8,000. Maybe more. Here's the back side of the bayonet...

6C56573A.jpg

And now... it's a really expensive hat stand!

0CD84A0A.jpg

BB03BF75.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21