Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats at Work - A Photo Thread

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
2dee793e25e7176ee8c946822a2ed0f0_zps6b49b4d3.jpg

Spent time today Checking in Felt Stetsons for the fall and winter. The big HHH weather so it was my DelMonico Kevin Grade 6 Panama I've had it about 4 or 5 years.

Jeff

maduro 5

A-List Customer
Bumping this thread with a video of my TEDx talk... lightweight 40s Stratoliner is comfortable outdoors and indoors under the lights!

[video=youtube;LTtTfCwkIW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LTtTfCwkIW0[/video]
the Russian site you refer to in your video is called Big Universe and heading Unusual photographs of the sun by you of course!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan, how did I miss this!? How utterly out of this world! It's fantastic. I remember my early youthful dreams of becoming an astronaut before the Challenger incident. Oh, the books and photos by which I used to spend hours being amazed, and my little Bushnell telescope through which I watched Halley's comet with my dad in the Virginia night sky... I must have been eight when it appeared... Your images are the contemporized versions of the ones I used to love most. After the Challenger I had a brief moment of wanting to be an astronomer, but the explosion led me to pursue music more actively. Due to the nature of my dad's work in optical physics, at least I still got to bring in the HeNe lasers and night vision goggles for my science fair projects!

I adore the flange you have on that Strat. How did you do it?

Last edited:

Simonds

Vendor
Alan, Wonderful video! Very nice collection of pictures, heading over to your website for more! Thanks for sharing.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I set down my hat and soft side briefcase down on the vault table when I came in. I saw that some mats needed to be moved and I moved them. I have changed to my coaches costume and was looking to move/ready even more equipment for the afternoon and evening. In starting to get ready I found my hat and briefcase safe. My hat was safe, but not "working." Time for my hat to go into the office and me (and my shoes) to go to practice.

IMG_6101-M.jpg

The lights are on! Best, Eric -

Last edited:

nigeloscar

One of the Regulars
Alan - great Ted talk! Could not take my focus away from the hat and belt buckle combo .. Great look. ! Even piqued my interest in astronomy again. ..

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Campdraft went with me today to keep my head warm. It was 78 degrees and sunny yesterday and today the high was 30 with sleet. Ahhhh West Texas....

2013-11-22184830_zps2aaa8a8e.jpg

viclip

Practically Family
The Campdraft went with me today to keep my head warm. It was 78 degrees and sunny yesterday and today the high was 30 with sleet. Ahhhh West Texas....

Nice hat ~ is that the Bluegrass Green that I've recently ordered?
Up here in Canada I'm on the verge of migrating to my Tilley winter hat with the ear & forehead flaps!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice hat ~ is that the Bluegrass Green that I've recently ordered?
Up here in Canada I'm on the verge of migrating to my Tilley winter hat with the ear & forehead flaps!
It is the Bluegrass Green sans binding. Be sure to post some pics when you get yours. It's a very nice color.

argyle

New in Town
Here are a few pics with one of my work hats, Akubra Whippit. I always wear a hat when Shearing outdoors, a Whippit or Hampton, but never inside a shearing shed while shearing as the heat build-up is too much.

image uploading site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21