Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats at Work - A Photo Thread

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice thread , enjoy seeing where the "hats go to work". I tried wearing a Borsalino while cutting wood on my table saw only to end up with a very, very dusty hat!

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Somebody mention monitor envy? Wearing a nice stingy brim Dobbs Twenty that I got from D.W. Suratt tonight at work. Not the best shot, I think due to all the white light from the 7 computer screens and iPad screen haha
photo27.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Seeing all these monitors, I couldn't resist posting another pic, this time of my Stylemaster, sitting in front of our bank of monitors, along with my legendary stained coffee cup:
photo.jpg

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Great to see your workplace Mr. Finch... thanks for posting.

You're welcome. Over the years I've gone through a lot of highs and lows in that old courtroom. I've gotta say...its been a fun ride.

Atticus, that is a great looking Campdraft. The Campdraft is hard to beat.

Thank you! I agree. If you think you want a new Open Road, what you really want is a new Camp Draft.

AF

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's probably right in most cases. But it's important to note--modern Open Roads are low-crowned, wide-brimmed hats. A Campdraft has a high crown, a bit more brim. A modern Open Road looks more modern, and the old Open Road and Campdraft, a little more old-fashioned. I prefer the old fashioned, but use the modern Open Road fairly often too. I consider it a sportier and sassier shape than the old OR. But, it's still stiff as a board, so that's important to consider as well.

m0nk

One Too Many
Today was a good day for the Stetson Playboy, so this was posted in the WHAYWT thread. I can't show my work area because I'm a developer for a Health Insurance company, and there's rules about that, but I can show the outside of my office building:

stetson_20121018.jpg

Bumping this thread with a video of my TEDx talk... lightweight 40s Stratoliner is comfortable outdoors and indoors under the lights!

[video=youtube;LTtTfCwkIW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LTtTfCwkIW0[/video]

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Alan, my ipad doesn't present a link to that video, for which I have been waiting patiently. :(

Josh, how can you tolerate all that clutter? It's out of control!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Bumping this thread with a video of my TEDx talk... lightweight 40s Stratoliner is comfortable outdoors and indoors under the lights!

[video=youtube;LTtTfCwkIW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LTtTfCwkIW0[/video]

Brilliant, Alan! That was fantastic! I've been wanting to see your video for quite some time. Super work. I'm going to watch it again this evening and forward it to my brother who is a DIY astro-enthusiast.

Thank you for sharing! :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner