Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats With Musical Instruments

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Almost too hot for back porch pickin'.
d4ef09457fbc6d53901e15c5afe57b4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Desert dog

My 7xCB with St George. This was a very extravagant gift from my father for my tenth birthday. I had been plunking away at a throw away guitar that my dad picked up. He offered to buy me a better guitar for my birthday, and knew a small shop that sold used guitars. I had picked out a used guitar, when the shop owner started playing this one like Joe Maphis. I couldn't believe it when my dad asked if I would rather have this new guitar! I haven't played it in a long time, but I won't part with it.
0fdf13f0147d32cde2b52e1939efb52e.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
My 7xCB with St George. This was a very extravagant gift from my father for my tenth birthday. I had been plunking away at a throw away guitar that my dad picked up. He offered to buy me a better guitar for my birthday, and knew a small shop that sold used guitars. I had picked out a used guitar, when the shop owner started playing this one like Joe Maphis. I couldn't believe it when my dad asked if I would rather have this new guitar! I haven't played it in a long time, but I won't part with it.

Great story Ed. And a great Dad!
B

That headstock is a work of art in its own right. I like that.

Desert dog

Thanks guys for the nice words about my guitar. I have the shaker bar for it but the knurled bolt broke. I need to put it back on.
Here is my Resistol Waco with Appalachian lap dulcimer. I built the dulcimer from a kit 32 years ago. It taught me that I am not a luthier.
9ff17453836d5ed262b6a1d382fad620.jpg

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab

Cool story Ed. I have a similar story but it was a bicycle. Dad had just sold cattle and we went to town to the local Western Auto store (my favorite store in town). I had been riding an old Schwinn hand me down bike. We go into the WA and dad looks at me and tells me to pick out a bike. I couldn't believe it! Chose a Schwinn Sting Ray, purple, high handle bars, banana seat, Slick back tire. $50.00 which was pricey in 1967-68 somewhere in there. A great memory. We were lucky.

Desert dog

Cool story Ed. I have a similar story but it was a bicycle. Dad had just sold cattle and we went to town to the local Western Auto store (my favorite store in town). I had been riding an old Schwinn hand me down bike. We go into the WA and dad looks at me and tells me to pick out a bike. I couldn't believe it! Chose a Schwinn Sting Ray, purple, high handle bars, banana seat, Slick back tire. $50.00 which was pricey in 1967-68 somewhere in there. A great memory. We were lucky.
Thanks for sharing that Scott! I had a purple Stingray also!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21