Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats With Musical Instruments

humanshoes

One Too Many
Nice bowler, and exceptional photo! The banjolele is beautiful! The birds eye neck is gorgeous! Repurposed plate is awesome. Some old time string band music will probably sound great on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks DD. Part of the cost of this instrument was a promise from the young lady to learn "12th Street Rag" and play it for me. An old man always needs something to look forward to.

RossRYoung

Practically Family
1936 Martin 0-18 with 30’s Stetson Standard Quality.
51B59864-155A-4DF1-ABBB-C4CA8C20D9EC.jpeg
D2691F05-BB42-4408-810D-6D4A09054CED.jpeg
A45EE235-B83E-41A1-9761-518C4D7381EB.jpeg

RossRYoung

Practically Family
As would my fav musician/artist Don Van Vliet. I’ve seen Captain Beefheart (stage/band name) mentioned a couple times on the FL, but for any others uninitiated, and love the blues harp, I strongly recommend Mirror Man. He was rarely without a hat on or near, but is as out there as they come, a truly unique individual.
F5D9C9BB-38E8-48BC-BACF-01C5B1AB337E.jpeg

Been a pipe smoker since I was a young man Jack. Bought my first good pipe, a Savinelli, forty five years ago for forty bucks. It was all the money I had in the world. Since then I've lost houses, cars, jobs, girlfriends, and a couple wives, but I still have the pipe. Hah!
Me too, since college. But so were my dad, my grandfather, a couple of uncles on both sides of the family. My grandfather had a sister-in-law who would smoke a small pipe of an evening. As a young kid I was fascinated watching her smoke her pipe on the front porch.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Me too, since college. But so were my dad, my grandfather, a couple of uncles on both sides of the family. My grandfather had a sister-in-law who would smoke a small pipe of an evening. As a young kid I was fascinated watching her smoke her pipe on the front porch.
I dated a woman once who smoked a Dunhill lady's cocktail pipe. Those who think a woman can't pull it off need to rethink.
pipe-babe-montana-smokes-a-dunhill-pipe-02.jpg

MikeBravo

One Too Many
My didgeridoo is right at home with my 1952 Dunkerly Ltd. "Akubra" Aussie slouch hat. I've spent many hours trying to learn to play this simple, beautiful instrument and, as my neighbors and friends will all attest, I've managed to make some gawdawful noises with the damn thing.
View attachment 193906

I have a slouch as well, it is too small for me though I do display it at times. Alphonse rocks it.

Alphonse slouch up.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko