Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HATTERS, CLEANERS, AND DYERS!!!!!

Circa 1875.....interesting choice for an illustration.
IMG_20191216_142706.jpg

Dyers and Cleaners Supply Catalog....1940. Interesting page on a "one operator hat factory":eek:;)
This shows just how common it was for Cleaners to refurbish hats. This one is especially interesting in that the cleaning and refurbishing can occur without removing the Ribbons or Sweats. (Something by the way also unnecessary when altering the brim of a hat, such as trimming or binding). I simply love the paragraph about when "crowns which have become soft and sleary"!!!:eek: (We none of us here would dream of letting our hat crowns become "sleary")
PS I also added a copy of the inside back cover of "Useful Information" which is indeed....quite useful.
IMG_20191227_121552.jpg
IMG_20191227_121728.jpg
IMG_20191227_121628.jpg

And Bild no 3 from the same series:
View attachment 202410 Superb series of products and images, Mark. Thanks for posting these.

Thanks Stefan!!! I enjoy these too......many more to go.....
Like everything else, I keep collecting them too:rolleyes:......in fact I just got this one (the third) and one other Strobin stamp (different series though, not sure it was part of a series). I will be posting an actual package of the cleaner too (imported to US)!!!!!
Yep, this is fun stuff!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass