Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you got any old postcards to show

TidiousTed

Practically Family
A few postcards from my own collections here. These are from the famous Niagara Falls. All three cards are unused and in very good condition. I don’t know much about these cards, I’ve bought them on a collectors convention. They are not marked by any printer or with any year, but the rest of the stack of cards I bought from that particular collector was from 1919 and 1920 so that is as good a guess as any.

01743_niagara1.jpg

01743_niagara3.jpg

01743_niagara2.jpg

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Here are two more. Both unused and in very good condition. Lithographic sepia prints on cream cardboard. These cards as many in my collection are from my grand-uncle Peter Skaug’s travels during his youth. Both were printed in 1915

01730_card1.jpg

01730_card21.jpg

TidiousTed

Practically Family
And here are another two. Both cards are from Oasis d’ Heliopolis in Egypt and they were bought by my granduncle Peter Skaug on a trip to what then was known as The Levant, we call it the Middle East today. The cards are unused, in good condition and nothing is written on them. They are printed in 1909 or some years before this, (my granduncle was there the summer of 1909).

01591_card1.jpg

01591_card2.jpg

Notice the airplanes on both cards, a lot of cards featured airplanes in those days as these were new and exiting. One can be quite sure that the planes on these cards are the results of the artist’s imagination. One airplane, maybe, three planes, no way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy