Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks fellas, my wife has gone all little girl on me. Aw shucks was about all I could get out of her.
It's Chinese New Year, and we are out celebrating with our Asian friends tonight, only we can't have any alcohol, (it's one of our lenten abstinences,) but the Chinese, here in London, certainly know how to party. I shall be wearing a Chinese version of a tropical shirt, but I can't make my mind up about whether to pair it with a fedora or a sixties style pork pie hat. My wife's not so enamoured with sixties style so I guess it's the fedora.

The dragon shirt I have had for years, bought it in the States, probably somewhere like Beall's, my wife saw it, held it up and we both said: Chinese New Year.

Here's some other topical rather than tropical shirts from her fair hand. One is of a burlesque nature. My wife is involved in costumes, hair styles and all things back stage at burlesque events. The shirt goes down a storm. Another shirt that gets much approval is the one of motorbikes. We have a large Harley-Davison dealership, name of Stadium, given that the site was formerly a greyhound stadium. Saturday morning coffee at The Stadium, in that shirt, it doesn't get much better. Here's the shirts.

The weather here in London is still much of a mixed bag, although we have had some cold, crisp, glorious days of winter sunshine. Are any of you dreaming of the warmer days to come, dust of those shirts? Any new shirts in the offing?

GregNYC

One Too Many
Wow, I like them all! The dragon shirt reminds me of a Flying Tigers aloha I had for a few years till a cleaner spilled some bleach on it. I'll try to find a photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Do any of you have a tropical or Hawaiian shirts that are mostly plain with either one, or both, front panels in tropical style material? At the vintage events and fairs that we go to, I've seen numerous shirts that have just a single panel in tropical material. A good friend of ours asked my wife to make him something similar. She made the shirt with floral patterned material that had a deep burgundy background, as the front panels, and the back, sleeves and collar in plain burgundy, to match the floral background. It looked quite effective, much better, in my opinion, than the single strip of floral material. But, each to their own.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Is it tropical shirt weather yet, where you are? Or, like me, do you defy the winter weather and still wear a floral shirt? Anybody been shopping for a shirt or summer hat?

LeBois46

One of the Regulars
Is it tropical shirt weather yet, where you are? Or, like me, do you defy the winter weather and still wear a floral shirt? Anybody been shopping for a shirt or summer hat?

Was in the 90's on Saturday and I wore a Tommy Bahama shirt. Today it will only be in the mid 80's. Not shopping for summer hats, but pulling them out of storage, dusting them off and making them readily available for use. Forgot to mention my Brent Black Gatsby Fedora as well.

Last edited:

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Hmm…this is making me want to shop for a few new Hawaiian shirts! I love them. J

When is it time to put away the felt and break out my straw Panama? I like to wear it when the weather gets warmer, but is there a specific date that is appropriate?

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Today it was my first Hawaiian shirt of the season. Florida Turnpike toll takers shirt and a Borsalino parasisal
20150503_163749_zps9uyivt9d.jpg

Jeff

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Today it was my first Hawaiian shirt of the season. Florida Turnpike toll takers shirt and a Borsalino parasisal
20150503_163749_zps9uyivt9d.jpg

Jeff

Oh man, Jeff

You make wanna get some of that Florida sun on seeing that shirt, have get mine out for the impending summer.

I had one a couple of years back I got from basspro, it had aircraft carriers and corsairs on it but it wore out.

Looking good anyway young man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112