Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help date this jacket

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
Hi all,

I'm on the verge of buying this jacket for a cheap price and need some advice. The owner is telling me it's a 30's leather jacket, and all I have to go off of are the photos below. Any idea of the age and possible type of leather would be much appreciated! (Sorry for the large photos)

Thanks!

front.jpg

101_0505.jpg

101_0504.jpg

101_0503.jpg

101_0506.jpg

Last edited:

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
AF of L Union label in the left pocket with affiliation with the Garment Workers Union. There is also a seriel number #5103 on that label:

101_0502.jpg

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
That particular union's tag can be dated to specific windows by referencing 1) the individual union's association with the AFL and 2) the AFL's amalgamation with the CIO, in 1955.

Sounds like good clean fun for the whole family :eusa_clap Just be careful of that Victorian glass, it could be used to inflict some nasty cuts on leather jackets :eeek:

If I broke anything the jacket would be my last concern ;)
However, her rose bushes (trees) are another story. They hate my jackets.
Victorian Homes mag did a story in her glass this last August. It's pretty neat, until the next earthquake.
We're all collectors, so we get along well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24