Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help finding a modern hat like my Adam

tracyam

One of the Regulars
Hello all
This Adam is, by far, my favorite hat. There is nothing I've found that I enjoy wearing more than this. The color is great. The proportions are great. Notice how straight the crown is when viewed from the back. The proportions are brim=2 3/8 "" and crown=4 1/2 to 4 7/8 in the front and 4" in the back.

Is there a modern equivalent for this hat? I have a Stylemaster and, although the dimensions are similar, there are just slight differences that ruin it for me. My Fed IV is too big in comparison. My Campdraft hasn't arrived yet but I'm sure it will be too large in comparison as well.
A modern equivalent would be nice to give this one a break since I want to keep this one as long as possible.
P2170566.jpg

P2170565.jpg

P2170563.jpg

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Strikes me you have a couple of options, as long as you've got the wonga to blow on a custom-build...

1) Art Fawcett - not sure but his 'Silver Mist' colour might be a close match for that one, and if you gave him the dimensions and ribbon width etc, he might just be able to create a replica for you. $305 upwards.

2) The Fedora Store - their custom made hat might be ok, you can specify all the relevant dimensions and colours - their NuGray felt might be a close match? $229 upwards.

Others here can probably recommend other options too.

N. :)

P.S Incidentally that IS a very nice hat indeed. ;)

kaosharper1

One Too Many
tracyam said:
Hello all
This Adam is, by far, my favorite hat. There is nothing I've found that I enjoy wearing more than this. The color is great. The proportions are great. Notice how straight the crown is when viewed from the back. The proportions are brim=2 3/8 "" and crown=4 1/2 to 4 7/8 in the front and 4" in the back.

Is there a modern equivalent for this hat? I have a Stylemaster and, although the dimensions are similar, there are just slight differences that ruin it for me. My Fed IV is too big in comparison. My Campdraft hasn't arrived yet but I'm sure it will be too large in comparison as well.
A modern equivalent would be nice to give this one a break since I want to keep this one as long as possible.

The Campdraft can be bashed to have a similar crown, but the brim will be much wider. A straight crown with a narrow, but not stingy brim is hard to find in modern hats I think, though others may know better.

I have to admit that my recent Art Fawcett is similar to your hat in proportions, but I haven't seen anything else like it in a modern hat.

jpbales

Practically Family
i wish...

they had a nice modern hat like that somewhere at a good price, because that's a great lookin' hat. I need a brown/tan/green color hat to complete my collection and I want something that's straight sided, doesn't have a giant crown, not another Fed IV, and doesn't have too huge a brim too. Right now, I can't justify getting any new hats, much less a VS Custom (which is my dream, by the way!)!

Beautiful hat!

tracyam

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments people. Custom made is out of the question right now. But one of these days I will definitely have one made specifically for me. Besides, I need to save up and salvage my Pennys Marathon I got from ebay for a penny a few weeks ago. It will probably cost as much as a new hat just to clean, reblock, get a new sweatband and hatband, and put in a liner. Any ideas to modern lookalikes are appreciated and will be put on the back burner for a while.

Justdog, the hat is a 7 1/4

Justdog

Practically Family
Adams

tracyam said:
Justdog, the hat is a 7 1/4

I have an Adams silver Grey 7 1/4 clone design that I am not wearing right now due to the fact I have one or 2 others I am wearing:) It has a wind button and looks like a strat or OR but without a western cattleman crease. Looks close to what you are looking for. Pliable and reshapable.

Justdog

Practically Family
Adam

Adam2.jpg

Adam5.jpg

Adam4.jpg

Adam3.jpg

Adam.jpg

Ribbon has small sweat mark on the front but that can be cleaned or ribbon replaced to match.
Oddly enough I have a chocolate Adam Fedora that I never wear and it is in a box , the hat is pretty much new,
No one here seamed to be interested. I collected these early on but found I am definitely more western Stet OR not fedora.

dawgvet

Familiar Face
What about a sand-colored Campdraft, cut down the brim yourself and have the brim bound and new ribbon done to match? Might be a do-it-yourselfer and save a few bucks? I love the shorter brim as well.

Magus

Practically Family
The Custom "Empire State" I recieved from Art recently is a near perfect match to your Adam. The colors are up to you and what he has in stock...the quality is second to none.

Yes I am a happy man.

CopyofS8001206.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy