Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help from Loungers in San Francisco/ Bay area

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Although I no longer make my home there, I still agree with Tony...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I6d03gbmAzc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I6d03gbmAzc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The City By The Bay: She may be a little worn around the edges. true. Her elected officials are often swindlers and knaves. Also, sadly true. But every big city has problems. Even your suburban "bedroom communities" have crime and homelessness.
Very few cities have the natural and man made beauty of San Francisco not to mention the colorful history. A history that we Bay Area Loungers should appreciate more because much of this "Golden Era" SF can still be seen-even today. You just have to look for it.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, I just wanted to give a little defense to the lady...
Best regards,
Sefton

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Linc, what its your problem?

Lincsong said:
Emeryville is really tiny. I think it's about a mile in each direction. Real small town. The apartments and condo's are very yuppie. Just don't venture into Oakland or Berkeley at night. There is a new shopping center with yuppie stores and a mega screen complex. It's an ok place.

With Oakland and Berkeley? Berkeley is SO safe! So multicultural, lots of shopping, the best restaurants... And I have been living in north Oakland (walking distance to UC Berkeley) for 15 years, with absolutely not a peep of trouble. And cheaper than Berkeley.

East Bay in general is way cheaper than SF, no commuting hassles, but it's close enough that you can go to SF for cultural events.

I agree that Emeryville is overrated, rather expensive rent. But all the cities run into each other, they are so close together that you can easily go from one to another for whatever you want. I do recommend staying away from Richmond and from East Oakland. Not good neighborhoods.

Let me know when you two arrive and we will have cocktails!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I see that State Senator Don Perata was carjacked on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. in that beautiful, safe, multicultural and electic North Oakland/Berkeley corridor of 51st St. and Shattuck Avenue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925