Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help! how do you take out shoe polish from the underside of denim???!?!

edmond

Vendor
as what the question ask help me guys! ive got black kiwi shoe polish staining the inside of my jeans help me!

Corky

Practically Family
The first and most important step...

The first and most important step is to try to break yourself of the habit of wearing your jeans inside out when you shine your shoes.

Assuming that your jeans are a washable fabric such as all-cotton denim, I would follow these steps to remove shoe polish stains:

Tools:
- Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol
- An absorbent white cloth (like an old cotton towel or t-shirt)
- An old toothbrush (to use to scrub the stain if all else fails)

Procedure:
- Pour Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol directly on the black polish and blot it up with an absorbent white cloth.
- Rubbing doesn't hurt it as long as you blot most of it up first, then use a clean part of the cloth.
- Rotate the cloth to keep a clean part of the cloth against the alcohol-soaked stain. This should transfer the stain to the cloth.
- Be generous with the alcohol if necessary.
- Don't worry about using too much, but start slow and add more until the stain is gone.
- When no more stain is being removed, flush the area thoroughly with water.
- Launder as soon as possible.

Afterwards, I would also look on the web for relevant 12-step programs (Shoe Polishers Anonymous, Inside-Out Jeans Wearers Anonymous, etc.) near your location. Their web sites should point you to lists of meetings in your area. In order to keep your jeans "clean" from any shoe polishing substances, try to abstain from the use of all chemical polishing agents, one day at a time.

Best of luck

Don't know if this will do it but for grease and oil type stains, take and cover the stain with GOOP hand cleaner and work into the fabric. You can use a brush on the stain for a bit too, Then let sit for a little while and put thru the washer a couple of times. One run through won't get the goop smell out. It may not get all of the stain out but it will get most of it out on the first try, so you may have to repeat as necessary...

(You can find GOOP at the auto parts or hardware storein the US.)

Goop is used to clean leather sometimes, like old straight razor strops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy