Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Identifying old cross zip

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
So... my guess is that this would be a Windward based on the pocket zip details, but I’m certainly no expert with these old jackets. Talon main zip, Serval on the sleeves. Hide is very thick. Epic patina. Too bad this thing is tiny! I’d also guess that it’s a women’s jacket, although it zips toward the right shoulder like a men’s. Any help would be appreciated, and I’m sure several of you will know exactly what it is. Thanks..
4F163E79-0693-49E4-9B6D-B2CB7AA13C8B.jpeg
E3B5162E-1808-4F0A-987D-68410FBE43E3.jpeg
40070DAA-8513-466C-BC98-4B74D000C570.jpeg
B28B6F45-EE64-4E79-B717-4B1705BCE640.jpeg

My guess- Californian with the front cig pocket. Could have had a CSC, Sears or like you say, a Wards label. It reminds me of the jacket TM owns. But the back design on this one is a little different I think. Also, there are similarities with my Nylon Oakbrook. But some differences too.

A jacket for a growing little human. Cool.

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
My guess- Californian with the front cig pocket. Could have had a CSC, Sears or like you say, a Wards label. It reminds me of the jacket TM owns. But the back design on this one is a little different I think. Also, there are similarities with my Nylon Oakbrook. But some differences too.

Thank you for the info! This one actually fits my wife pretty well, if I can convince her to wear it, it would make my day, haha. Not sure how well it would go with her neon stretchy Lululemon pants.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Some of the front details, especially around the pocket zips remind me of the Harley Davidson Cycle King & Cycle Queen. But there are not two patch pockets. Especially the triple rivets here:
1668135430168.png

It is sharp regardless and would be cool to see that cross-zip remade into a size you could wear (in other words a new one patterned after this one.)

AerGuitar

A-List Customer
^^ The triple rivets and brass stoppers on the zips are my favorite thing about this for sure. If only the wear and patina could be duplicated on a remake!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Not a Californian that I can see. The style of zippers is unique. The main zip is an early-mid 50s Talon. Not the quality of a California Sportswear jacket.

The 3 spots are found on HD and one Californian model I know of. They appear original.

Basic jacket. You could condition it and bring back some of the black. Probably Steerhide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider