Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help needed please with identifiying this parka.

captain starzan

New in Town
Hi, Recently I bought a parka from a local car boot sale. I've searched for information, seems like everywhere without success, any help will be appreciated.
I'll describe the parka as best as I can in case I've made a hash of the link. The outer material looks similar to Poplin/gabardine and is a dark olive green colour, The lining isn't detachable and seems to be made from wool and is white with another layer of green poplin/gabardine material. the hood is wired and trimmed with real fur, inside the hood there's a sheepskin lined collar. the hood has nylon cords with round wooden adjusters. The main zip has initials NZ and is silver coloured metal. There is a storm flap which fastens with 6 buttons. There are two large diagonal side pockets and a large diagonal breast pocket on the left , all three pockets fasten with buttons. There is a belt made from the same material with a silver metal buckle with a pat No. On the left sleeve there is a pen pocket x2 pens.
The white label reads...
427/72
size 6
height [etc]
breast [etc]
Broad arrow [mark]
modification record [no details]
date [no details]
MOD [No details]
embodied [no details]
-
-
-
-
there is also a white name tag on the right breast with numbers.

I'm certain this is a military issue parka meant for extreme cold conditions, it's very, very heavy.
Please help, thanks in advance.......http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy89/dustysensor/parka2.jpg
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy89/dustysensor/parka1.jpg

xt40

Familiar Face
its british - post ww2
the label says "mod"
the broad arrow symbol and the size "6" instead of s,m,l or a chest size are the major clues
apart from that, ive never seen one before

captain starzan

New in Town
After further searches I found my answer. “Aircrew flightline parka, RAF issued for chilly places such as Goose Bay and Gander. It has a thick blanket like lining and is issued as part of the Aircrew Survival Pack, they are still in use and bloody expensive! Just shy of £500 each” Just in case it may be of help for a similar question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy