Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help needed to identify a vintage jacket (Scovill zippers)

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
Hello everybody,
First i must tell u that i'm french and i'm far from English fluent so i may do some mistakes.
I was looking for help to identify a jacket i bought some weeks ago and i found this awesome forum.
So let's talk about the jacket, all zippers are "Scovill", even the snaps are tagged "Scovill", i found nothing about Scovill zippers on internet except that it is "vintage".
The leather look like horsehide but i'm not sure it is.
Originally there was a removable collar and removable lining but i don't own them.
Imgur link for pics: https://m.imgur.com/a/ezCiq
I hope that you will be able to help me :)
Thx in advance

Last edited:

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Hello everybody,
First i must tell u that i'm french and i'm far from English fluent so i may do some mistakes.
I was looking for help to identify a jacket i bought some weeks ago and i found this awesome forum.
So let's talk about the jacket, all zippers are "Scovill", even the snaps are tagged "Scovill", i found nothing about Scovill zippers on internet except that it is "vintage".
The leather look like horsehide but i'm not sure it is.
Originally there was a removable collar and removable lining but i don't own them.
I hope that you will be able to help me :)
Thx in advance
Pictures would help especially if the jacket has labels

lol yeah, you seriously need to post some photos of it. We don't even know what style of jacket it is that we're talking about here.

Hold on...I might be getting something here.
MelodicDigitalKinkajou-max-1mb.gif

Nice jacket! Really hard to say for sure..Could be Branded Garments, San Jose leather, Park IV, maybe even Lancer leathers? I don't know. No tags huh?

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
2 tickets , one in a pocket "size 44", and one inside the jacket "genuine leather, lining :100% nylon...."
But nothing that can help identifying the brand
I added 5-6 more pictures to my imgur album (lining, pockets, tickets...)

robrinay

One Too Many
I had a Schott in a very similar style - they don’t make it anymore. I’ll check it out and get back - nope not the same.

Last edited:

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
Thanks you all for ur help :D , i'll wait for more answers, maybe somebody will be able to identify it
Do u think it could be horsehide ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy