Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help removing Aero Highwayman puller/chain from zipper

sshack

A-List Customer
I recently had a Highwayman replaced. I am thankful to Aero for the new jacket, but there are a few quirks with the new replacement. One thing that bugs me is the new puller on the chest pocket. It used to be a nice solid metal ball, but is now a tinny hollow ball with crimped tops.

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the zipper "block" or "head" (not sure of the term) will unfold so I can remove the cheap looking puller. Here's a pic.

I've jiggled with it, but have been unable to unlatch this zipper block. I don't want to break it, so does anyone have experience with this type of zipper? Thanks!

zebedee

One Too Many
I wanted to find a way to remove the 'pop-snappers' from the gun pockets I have in mine- they 'nipple' the exterior leather when closed (looking back on it, I'd not bother with snaps on any future Aero jackets (my stockman doesn't have any interior pockets and the 'line' of the jacket is better for it…).

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I just used garden pruners. Took off the leather zip puller on the main zipper and put it on the breast zipper. Voila!

Last edited:

sshack

A-List Customer
I just used garden pruners. Took off the leather zip puller on the main zipper and put it on the breast zipper. Viola.

Haha, I doubt I need to do that. The zipper "head" is definitely some type of mechanical latch/hinge. I just need to figure out how to open it. The internets fuels OCD behaviors I never new existed... sigh.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I just used garden pruners. Took off the leather zip puller on the main zipper and put it on the breast zipper. Viola.

Just a friendly FYI, "viola" is the simple past of raped. "Voila" is what you want, it means "here you go"

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Edited. For the record, was being sarcastic with the garden shear thing. But I did do that. Wasn't pretty, but it worked.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails