Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with choosing a leather jacket

nick123

I'll Lock Up
One thing (probably obvious) thing I've learned is that you can google any jacket question here followed by "fedora lounge" and it will show the threads.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Tbh, you can find almost any aspect of ordering or speccing a jacket on one of the Lounge threads. There's very little that hasn't been asked or explained here. It just takes time and patience.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm still a relative noob but I've jackets from most of the major players and multiples from several... I don't mind answering questions for anyone.... but only if they're prepared to listen, understand and act. If not, it's a waste of everyone's time.

Worf

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I noticed this coming out on the various MuyJingo threads. That's why I have mainly kept quiet. Very selective and even admonishing...yet then apologetic maunderings thrown in the mix. Bizarre to say the least IMO. Oh well..I'm sure he'll get er done.
HD

I know HD, my view also but I couldn't help answering. Some folks are tone deaf to etiquette and don't follow things that other folks do. No doubt he thinks some of us are rude snobs who are very judgmental and unhelpful. It's funny how there are some people who behave identically to this every 6 months or so. I hope he gets a jacket he likes. Bet it'll take several...

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
Maundering = such a great word

I go with Butte on his advice of fit, fit, fit. The jacket will last the rest of your natural life. Get a classic that fits well for the first time out.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I know HD, my view also but I couldn't help answering. Some folks are tone deaf to etiquette and don't follow things that other folks do. No doubt he thinks some of us are rude snobs who are very judgmental and unhelpful. It's funny how there are some people who behave identically to this every 6 months or so. I hope he gets a jacket he likes. Bet it'll take several...
I take my hat off to you guys...patience of saints.....25 pages of same question over n over....i thought it was just me !!!!!..:eusa_doh:

KIT

New in Town
I have just purchased an Aero Dustbowl jacket,expensive yes,but worth every penny.Beautiful jacket... at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
And did you make many changes to your jacket's spec? Welcome to the Lounge, Kit, now git some pics of your jacket up here, pronto!

KIT

New in Town
No changes,got my one new of the peg, took a chance on the fit (44 reg) and fortunately it fits like a glove and am now saving up for the Bootlegger.Photos of my very loved Dustbowl to come.

tblay

One of the Regulars
I can't believe I read all the way to the end of this thread and there's no resolution, not even a climactic moment of OP actually deciding on, and buying, one of the recommendations. What a tease that was...

I can't believe I read all the way to the end of this thread and there's no resolution, not even a climactic moment of OP actually deciding on, and buying, one of the recommendations. What a tease that was...

Well for what's it worth, all the recommendations in this thread regarding fit, size, material, etc. helped me immensely in getting my absolutely perfect mc jacket so I guess it wasn't all for nought!

Here it is, a ba***rd child of Indian Ranger and the Brando.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy