Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Hat Maker?

scanbran

New in Town
Hi,

I was looking for some information about a hat I have, but I haven't been able to verify the maker.

I was bought it as a gift about 20-25 years ago, but didn't really take too much of an interest at that time.

Recently I looked it out to have a look. I'd always assumed it was a Stetson since it came in a Stetson box, but I can't see any Stetson marks on the hat itself.

It instead has a 'Texas Hats' star logo in the liner, but I've been unable to discover through a simple Google search if this is a seperate maker as I can't locate the logo anywhere.

Could someone please have a look at the photos and maybe let me know something about it?

Thanks!

Landman

One Too Many
Welcome to the forum.

I'm from San Antonio and have spent a lot of time in Laredo too but have never heard of that manufacturer. Since it is from Laredo it could be a hat made in Mexico at a maquiladora and labeled Texas Hats. Are there any stickers or markings behind the sweatband? If there are any, they might help you identify the true manufacturer.

Good luck!

scanbran

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome Mike.

The only other markings I can find are on the box itself, and I don't know how reliable or accurate they will be.

It states:

CLINT
WF2043
4 X
3 1/8
5M GREY
7 1/4

That's it, and sorry it's not much to go on. Thanks for the help!

Martin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot