Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with leather jacket to wear with tailoring

Georgios

New in Town
Hi there, thats my first post here but i read your posts like for a long time now. I live in Germany and my style is relaxed-clasic. I wear a lot wool trousers, wider jeans than the skinny many wear, chelsea boots, loafers etc. I am looking for a new leather jacket to wear for most of the periods im germany meaning 15-5 C that fits my style. What would you suggest ?

Welcome to the Lounge.
Have a look through this thread:
You will find many AMAZING styles!

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Hi there, thats my first post here but i read your posts like for a long time now. I live in Germany and my style is relaxed-clasic. I wear a lot wool trousers, wider jeans than the skinny many wear, chelsea boots, loafers etc. I am looking for a new leather jacket to wear for most of the periods im germany meaning 15-5 C that fits my style. What would you suggest ?
Welcome Georgie. In Germany there are many many stockists of popular here leather manufacturers and relevant shops. As Handymike said, check the WJAYWT today and I'm sure you'll soon find more than one candidates.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Welcome! You can wear almost any style - I say almost but I cannot think of a style you could not wear with what you described - leather jackets are versatile :)

Show us the style of leather jackets that you like and maybe we can help you from there but right now, we have nothing to work with.

Mich486

One Too Many
Leather jackets and tailoring isn’t always an easy combination but I would suggest looking at something like Valstar. Here is more moto/workwear style so not many example of people wearing tailoring with leather jackets.

Forum member @Rabbit has shared many great combinations of leather jacket with tailoring. Here is a thread with some inspiring looks (and great vintage jackets).

willyto

One Too Many
Other than Nik's phtoos I can give you some inspiration as it is what I wear on a daily basis, tailoring with leather jackets. Almost anything except modern cafe racers would look great I'd say. These last ones are very very motorcycle focused with a huge tapper and quite long usually that I don't think works.

Aero horsehide 50s half belt with RMC WWII chinos and Old Town trousers(When I bought it):

4dZnD2A.jpg

50w5H2a.jpg

Durable Ponyhide vintage half belt:

4Xiirxp.jpg

IpUE1L4.jpg

Suede 1940s american belted jacket, Nik's on the photo also:

AZNZ1OH.jpg

gReFHEn.jpg

German short leather jacket:

21xmLlC.jpg

American 60s norfolk jacket(this one my late cat pissed on it and was ruined after cleaning :( )

VJs00Ds.jpg

Freewheelers Deerskin Sunset and Darius:

KVgA4LO.jpg

tcFx0p3.jpg

A friend in a vintage british jacket:

2vCwuVK.jpeg

Georgios

New in Town
Thank you all for your wonderful ideas and answers. They helped a lot to go a step further. I looked many photos and posts in the forum the last days and i think id like a very simple jacket that doesnt sit too high on the waist but also not so long like a car coat. Some jackets i found very interesting are without a special order:
Aero highwayman
Freewheelers mullholland
Schott 141
Himel Bros imperial
Thedi mtc 10075
The himel and the freewheelers are very very expensive for my current money status so i wont go so far. Which would you suggest from the others ?

willyto

One Too Many
That durable Halfbelt is off the charts!!! Where have you been hiding that?!? Would love to see more of it.
Oh I have it since 2016. My first online purchase. Bought it on Etsy for around less than $400. It got a bit big for me when I lost weight but I still hold on to it.

I’ll post it on the vintage thread again.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Thank you all for your wonderful ideas and answers. They helped a lot to go a step further. I looked many photos and posts in the forum the last days and i think id like a very simple jacket that doesnt sit too high on the waist but also not so long like a car coat. Some jackets i found very interesting are without a special order:
Aero highwayman
Freewheelers mullholland
Schott 141
Himel Bros imperial
Thedi mtc 10075
The himel and the freewheelers are very very expensive for my current money status so i wont go so far. Which would you suggest from the others ?
Nice list, all are very good jackets. If you are looking second-hand, you can get a very nice used Aero Highwayman for around $500, give or take a hundred. They are the most plentiful on the used market. Schott as well. Thedi will be difficult to find used, but these are excellent jackets and a favorite around here. If I was making that choice I'd go Thedi number one, and Aero and Schott a toss up.

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
Other than Nik's phtoos I can give you some inspiration as it is what I wear on a daily basis, tailoring with leather jackets. Almost anything except modern cafe racers would look great I'd say. These last ones are very very motorcycle focused with a huge tapper and quite long usually that I don't think works.

Aero horsehide 50s half belt with RMC WWII chinos and Old Town trousers(When I bought it):

4dZnD2A.jpg

50w5H2a.jpg

Durable Ponyhide vintage half belt:

4Xiirxp.jpg

IpUE1L4.jpg

Suede 1940s american belted jacket, Nik's on the photo also:

AZNZ1OH.jpg

gReFHEn.jpg

German short leather jacket:

21xmLlC.jpg

American 60s norfolk jacket(this one my late cat pissed on it and was ruined after cleaning :( )

VJs00Ds.jpg

Freewheelers Deerskin Sunset and Darius:

KVgA4LO.jpg

tcFx0p3.jpg

A friend in a vintage british jacket:

2vCwuVK.jpeg
The Darius for the win!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass