Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help.....

Rainbow

Familiar Face
I have gotten so many great ideas from all of you ladies, which I am trying. I have a couple of questions. Last night I used the pillow curlers and my curl was much too curly, also, when I tried to brush it out, it brush kept pulling the ends, almost like tangles. Do I just need to used more hair in each curl? also, what about the ends getting tangled when I brush it out? And the static in my hair...whoaa....One more question...Tonight I'm going to try pin curls. Should I put one or two bobby pins in each curl?....I love reading all your wonderful ideas on this board. It's turned into a daily ritual.

anabolina

A-List Customer
I don't know anything about pillow curlers, but I've done the whole pin curl thing a couple of times and I think 2 bobbie pins are certainly best. They hold the curl more securly, esspecially if you're going to sleep in them. Goodluck, I know they'll look great.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Rainbow said:
I have gotten so many great ideas from all of you ladies, which I am trying. I have a couple of questions. Last night I used the pillow curlers and my curl was much too curly, also, when I tried to brush it out, it brush kept pulling the ends, almost like tangles. Do I just need to used more hair in each curl? also, what about the ends getting tangled when I brush it out? And the static in my hair...whoaa....One more question...Tonight I'm going to try pin curls. Should I put one or two bobby pins in each curl?....I love reading all your wonderful ideas on this board. It's turned into a daily ritual.

I use pillow curlers and I get much better results if use setting lotion with a mix of pomade. The pomade helps prevent frizzies and tames the ends. Sometimes I add a little extra pomade to the ends. Also, using end wraps (like the kind used for perms) will help a lot as well. If it was too curly, try using bigger sections of hair. I use 3 rollers on each side of my head, and about 4 rows down the back that are each about 4 rollers wide.

As for pin curls, you will have this same problem with pin curls. It will seem MUCH too curly. Setting your hair will not immediately give you the soft curls or waves you're trying to get. Half of the battle is in the brushing, and sometimes you just have to brush it out a LOT to get the result you're looking for.

Also, instead of using bobby pins for pincurls, which can leave indents in the curl, try using those double pronged curl clips. I know a lot of gals here use them and they're quite easy to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart