Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

AntonAAK

Practically Family
18.The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.

"The huge golden space ship hung in the air in almost exactly the way a brick doesn't." - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

If you're going to steal, steal from the best...

m0nk

One Too Many
This one is hilarious, not because it came out that way, but because everyone has a brother-in-law like this:

27.The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
This is my favourite, because it's completely true:

"4. From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you’re on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30."

47. The baseball player stepped out of the box and spit like a fountain statue of a Greek god that scratches itself a lot and spits brown, rusty tobacco water and refuses to sign autographs for all the little Greek kids unless they pay him lots of drachmas.

:rofl:

amador

A-List Customer
I had to stop at #17 and bookmark the site for later. I couldn't stop laughing. I wish I could write well enought to write badly. Thanks

amador

A-List Customer
Off topic: Marsha your signature... The reason men like women in leather is because they smell like a new car...

rene_writer

Familiar Face
48.I felt a nameless dread. Well, there probably is a long German name for it, like Geschpooklichkeit or something, but I don’t speak German. Anyway, it’s a dread that nobody knows the name for, like those little square plastic gizmos that close your bread bags. I don’t know the name for those either.

I weirdly happen to know that those gizmos are called quick locks. Now, if someone speaks German we could really uncode this.

m0nk

One Too Many
Something I noticed when reading these... I'm reading the Nero Wolfe series of books (after having been reminded of my love for the A&E TV series that was on about 10 years ago) and have found that the narrator, Archie Goodwin, has a tendancy to narrate in some of the same way. Rex Stout had a writing style that not only sounded intellectual, but also comically average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy