Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey all

Eric

New in Town
I've been lurking and reading for about a year now and decided to register yesterday. I don't have a hat yet. Yup, I admit it.

I've always wanted a fedora and in my searches I've also come to love the straw versions for the summertime. My only problem is finding one large enough. You see, my head is roughly the size of a partially deflated basketball. :p Actually it's 2ft, 1inch in diameter.

So that presents an interesting connundrum. Do I spend big on a custom lid not knowing what I would even look like in one? Where would I find relatively cheap hats that would allow me to be able to play around with the look until I found one that matches my rather portly face?

Anyway, glad to finally be a member here and I look forward to the conversations.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Hi, Eric, welcome to the Lounge. If you have been reading our posts for awhile, you are probably aware that we have a number of big heads here, including size 8.

If you go to the website www.villagehatshop.com and type in hat category, one of their categories will be Big Heads. They sell fedoras and caps for those extra-large (or more) folks and you can probably get a lid that will be light on your wallet.

I am sure others here will give you some tips, too.

karol

Eric

New in Town
K.D. Lightner said:
Hi, Eric, welcome to the Lounge. If you have been reading our posts for awhile, you are probably aware that we have a number of big heads here, including size 8.

If you go to the website www.villagehatshop.com and type in hat category, one of their categories will be Big Heads. They sell fedoras and caps for those extra-large (or more) folks and you can probably get a lid that will be light on your wallet.

I am sure others here will give you some tips, too.

karol

Yeah I checked that site out before. It's got some decent prices for some nice looking hats. Thanks!

Eric

New in Town
D. Hats said:
And, by all means get a lid on that noggin of yours !!:)

I'm tryin! I can't wait actually. Sense it's so close to summer, I'll probably go with a straw version, which will allow me to save up some money to buy a nice felt version when it starts getting closer to fall.:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats