Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HEY....Merry Christmas..!

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Now this is a neat gift that clearly took some thought!

That's what I thought. I'm still working on getting it all to work nicely together, (modern complexity despite the vintage look...) But yes, it's like having a wish I hadn't known about granted.

-Steven

P.S. The radio just started playing Count Basie's "Sent For You Yesterday." Grand ol' tune I haven't heard in an age... my, I'm going to enjoy this thing!

vinspired

Familiar Face
Nice Christmas story, Tom!

I got a few very modern gifts combining to provide a wonderful new swing-era experience. A vintage-styled iPod speaker combined with a vintage alarm clock/Internet radio app has yielded a solid-looking "radio" that plays all the classics I know and many I don't! And it wakes me up to tunes that put a swing in my step!

modernVintageRadio.jpg

Merry Christmas to everyone!

-Steven

What a lovely gift!
- this is off the topic but can anyone tell me where I can get something like that? [either in Australia or ships to].

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
What a lovely gift!
- this is off the topic but can anyone tell me where I can get something like that? [either in Australia or ships to].

Well, the company's website is here. Lets of neat stuff, but I haven't looked long enough to see who sells their products or where they ship to. I know I see their stuff in the American chain store Target all the time. Do you have those in Australia?

Hope this helps!
-Steven

vinspired

Familiar Face
Well, the company's website is here. Lets of neat stuff, but I haven't looked long enough to see who sells their products or where they ship to. I know I see their stuff in the American chain store Target all the time. Do you have those in Australia?

Hope this helps!
-Steven

Could you please tell me the companys website?
Oh yes, Australia has lots of Target stores.

Many thanks :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner