Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hidden in Plain Schott: the 613SH Perfecto

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I bit on a size 40 that was on Ebay. No one bid on it and I grabbed for $560 including tax and shipping. Supposedly has only been worn a couple dozen times. We'll see. I just noticed new ones are going for $940 now + tax. I feel like they raised the price at least $50 in the past couple months. Anyway, I think we're going to see higher prices across the board. Inflation is really kicking in, so it was a pretty good price all things considered.

Might pop up on classifieds end of week if it's too small. I think it's going to be perfect tshirt only, but I'm not going to have any wiggle room for weight gain. We'll see. Anyway, I've sold 3 jackets in past couple weeks, so I was getting that itch again LOL. I might sell another 2. Really trying to get to that magical 12 number for me. So close, yet so far. My 118 looks great with a hoodie, so I might keep so I have the punk rock 613sh and a more relaxed 118. But I'm really heavy in cross zips now, so stay tuned.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bit on a size 40 that was on Ebay. No one bid on it and I grabbed for $560 including tax and shipping. Supposedly has only been worn a couple dozen times. We'll see. I just noticed new ones are going for $940 now + tax. I feel like they raised the price at least $50 in the past couple months. Anyway, I think we're going to see higher prices across the board. Inflation is really kicking in, so it was a pretty good price all things considered.

Yeah, many Schott jackets (especially horsehide) went up by about $70 early this fall. I mentioned this in Schott's customer support pop up on the site and they (quite generously) offered to let me buy at the old price since the change had just happened, but I'd been planning to go to the factory sale anyway so I declined.

The regular 613 in horsehide seemed to be overlooked in the price increase, so if I were in the market for a standard 613/618/118, that's the one I'd go for.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Ok this the 40. No room for error but I'm happy with it. Even with just 2 days wear, it's opened up some. I'd say only 50% broken in. Comfortable but feel like I'm being perma-hugged lol. Some room in chest body for very light sweatshirt but don't think the sleeves could handle anymore.

20211218_112546.jpg
20211218_112603.jpg
20211218_112517.jpg
20211218_112456.jpg

roadking04

Practically Family
Looks badass OneHead. Thats about how my 618 size 44 fits me. The more you wear it, the more it will break in and relax. Give it some serious time. I put on a thicker hoodie on, under the jacket, in the house and it breaks in quite nice. Then when you wear just a t shirt, it feels like you have some room.

I have to agree with Monitor, The original is hard to beat. Looks sweet on you.

Last edited:

Aloysius

Ok this the 40. No room for error but I'm happy with it. Even with just 2 days wear, it's opened up some. I'd say only 50% broken in. Comfortable but feel like I'm being perma-hugged lol. Some room in chest body for very light sweatshirt but don't think the sleeves could handle anymore.

View attachment 388498 View attachment 388499 View attachment 388500 View attachment 388501

Looks amazing. My only worry is how it'll fit you once it gets broken in (gets dramatically snugger) since this fantastic fit is about what I'm at right now with break in. Even so if the shoulder was just a *touch* wider I'd want to grab the 40 as well. Maybe I need to find one that's half an inch above spec.

What size is your Ridley? My size 42 Ridley has about the measurements of the 613S(H) in 40, except of course the Ridley is slim straight, so it tapers from the chest to the hem measure within the first inch or so down from the armpit, and stays there; whereas the Perfecto has that nice V-shape, so it should be easier-wearing. Speaking of the V, zip it up just a bit and you can really see the shape. Fantastic stuff.

Do you see what I mean about the jacket? If the 613SH had a Japanese brand label or even the Schott Japan label people would be falling over themselves to buy it at $2k.

Still the best looking cross zip on the market.

The only two things that make it different from the classic Perfecto of the 70s is that the zips go up instead of down (which ends up making no difference aesthetically because the piping hides whether it's open or closed) and the lack of mitered buckle– this one annoyed me until I realized no one can notice when you're wearing it hanging open in classic Johnny Ramone style, as you should, lol.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
@roadking04 Thanks. We on same page. I'm going to force it over a 20 oz french terry hoodie I just got and hopefully slowly open up the arm holes a tiny bit.

@Aloysius The jacket and the leather are top tier. No doubt about it. It's got a little bit too much shine for my preference, but I know that'll tone down. But the shine and texture reminds me of those various Japanese brands like Double Helix, Y2, Fine Creek, etc. Previous owner claims he wore about 2 dozen times and I believe him. With some hard work I've put in past few days, plus getting caught in rain storm, I can already tell where this is going. It's pretty close to softness of my 118 which is crazy. The arm crease grain is the same too. I've got other jackets that have teacore and other bells and whistles, so I don't mind if this just ends up soft, "creasy", but not a huge grain factory.

The shoulder measurement definitely book ends the comfort zone. I ain't going to lie, I'd be more comfortable if this was at 18 inches instead of 17.3 or whatever it is. But it's not game over either. It's both a different aesthetic and feel. The waist is dead on perfect. That was my main issue with going to 42. I was worried it was going to be too loose and I already have my 118 that is my "hoodie" jacket. Arm holes and sleeves like you talked about are super slim. So again, this was another reason for me to go more punk rock on this fit.

My Natural CXL Ridley which I ended up selling because I felt like it was a little too big for me, that was tagged a 44. It had 23 ptp and probably 19.5ish shoulders. The funny thing is I don't think I could have fit into a smaller CXL version without getting the usual Aero fit heartache.

My Vicenza Ridley is tagged 42 and has 22 ptp and probably 18.25-18.5 shoulders. Fit wise it's very similar to this 613sh like you said, but the Vincenza has more give and obviously thinner. So comfort wise it's easier to wear.

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. I had eyed one a while ago and kind of moved on. But I'm glad I got lucky on ebay. Not sure I'd be totally happy spending the full $940 + tax. But a few hundred off in the 2nd market and this is no brainer.

Last edited:
Some day I'll have one in my actual size, which is 40. 38 was always too small, 42 vastly too large but I loved each and every one I had. The last jacket I haven't grown out of & one that still to this day I consider the zenith of leather jacket design, cut & style.

Capture.png

Manolito

Familiar Face
I have a 613 38 (the classic steerhide one from 2015, 24 inches "long"). My true size is 37, and i have a 618 2018 steerhide in 40 (25 inches). This 618 is very fine, confortable enough, a little loose, but not too much, very similar to the fit of my 118 38, just shorter and a little tighter. The good point is that you can put a big sweater or fill the map pocket with a smartphone or a wallet without compromising the confort.

The 613, true to size 38, is another matter. It's tight. You can put a light sweater, but don't expect to do some crazy layering or to wear a big hoodie under it. You won't close it after a big meal at a restaurant ; you won't put your smartphone in the map pocket when you close it because a - you will feel it pressing against your stomach, b - it will show through.

But the fit... Oh My ! It fits like a black leather glove, perfectly. It gives me the perfect rock'n roll look, the most classical intemporal perfecto look possible. I feel like a real rock star from the past in it. From my Schott Perfecto trinity, this is not the most confortable or the most versatile, but it is the most rock'n roll one. This has the purest fit to get "the" look...

I was hesitant buying a 613-618 true to size, but I don't regret it.

PS : I have this sticker (not in my toilets, mind you !), Schott sent it to me with my order when i bought the 618 removable collar from them...

Last edited:

Aloysius

42 vastly too large but I loved each and every one I had. The last jacket I haven't grown out of & one that still to this day I consider the zenith of leather jacket design, cut & style.

IIRC your 42 was the ‘regular’ 613H. I think the 613SH, with its trimmer arms, still could well fit you perfectly at 42.

But the ‘regular’ one is fantastic too! Did you try getting it in a hot shower or was it too big for that to be worth trying?

roadking04

Practically Family
I really love Perfectos. I wear mine for M/C use and fashion. I have a size 46 horsehide and a size 44 steerhide. Really like both. Both were really stiff when new (the hh might have been a tad stiffer). I got impatient with the horsehide and threw it in the washer with cold water and then the drier on air fluff. No damage at all, but really broke the jacket in. I am going with the all-nature wear in on the steerhide. It has been pretty stubborn so far, but finally starting to yield.

Fit wise: My chest measures at about 44-44.5". The broken in 46 is easier to wear for sure. The 44 is more for t shirt m/c use. The 44 is great in warmer weather with the lapels opened and air flowing in on the bike. The 46 balloons up and acts like a sail in the same situation. The 44 is a little snug in the shoulders, but that goes with the territory. Can't really do fit pics because I don't have a full mirror in my house and no one to take the pics. lol.

I got the steerhide 618 for $680 brand new in the spring. I think the HH was under $800 brand new, on sale for 15% off I believe. Really hard to beat a Perfecto at the under $1000 price range.

I tried to take some pics of both of them together and the 618HH alone to show some comparison. I had to dig the HH out from the bottom of the pile. I had some of those funky "bale" creases going on, but no biggie.
20211219_122524.jpg
20211219_122714.jpg
20211219_122805.jpg
20211219_122901.jpg
20211219_122911.jpg
20211219_122923.jpg

20211219_122417.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Comparison shots of 118 vs 613sh.

118 is tagged size 40 but it's gotten the shrinki treatment. Probaly closer to a 38-39 now as I've taken a good .5 inch off the ptp. You can see the zipper waves which I don't mind on this kind of jacket.

Slightly roomier than the size 40 sh. The biggest comfort difference is the shoulder width and underarm gusset of the 118. This will definitely be my insurance jacket in case I put on a few pounds and also better for layering.

118 is heavier and softer. But the sh isn't far behind. Couple of rainstorms and maybe 35 good wears between me and previous owner has pretty much tamed this beast. I'd say 90% broken in.

Neither will be grainy monsters, maybe the sh with time, but I see alot of creases over time and the usual subtle aging you see on a lot of vintage jackets.

Definitely no need to have both. These are first world luxuries. Ill justify in my head somehow. If I had to start over and just buy one, I'd probably go 613sh size 42 and maybe do a light shrinking. I always seem to be in between sizes with Schott. Wish they'd come up with a line that starts on the half size instead of using the usual 22, 23, 24 ptp for all their designs.

In any case, both are excellent jackets. Especially at the usual 30-50% discount used market.

613sh first 2 shots. 118 next 2.
20211224_094235.jpg
20211224_094213.jpg
20211224_100335.jpg
20211224_100309.jpg

Last edited:

Albe64

One of the Regulars
Hi, I have a question for the Perfecto's experts here....I am bidding for a 613 with a Scovill front zip: any chance this is the original one? Wasn't it Talon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points