Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hidden in Plain Schott: the 613SH Perfecto

Observe

One Too Many
How does the pattern of the p613s compare to 613sh? P613s looks a bit elongated in the body to me.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How does the pattern of the p613s compare to 613sh? P613s looks a bit elongated in the body to me.

It looks long in the photos for me too, but the Schott website says it's 25" long, which means it'll be general Perfecto length (accounting for size). The longer jackets say 26" in that field.

Observe

One Too Many
It looks long in the photos for me too, but the Schott website says it's 25" long, which means it'll be general Perfecto length (accounting for size). The longer jackets say 26" in that field.
I actually got a used one today and I'm on the fence about it in terms of fit. Back measurement is about 25", maybe the higher belt placement gives it more of a long tubular body shape look? I don't have any pictures to share of the fit right now unfortunately. Not sure of the front length either, which would also add to the elongated look.

Aloysius

Do you know when it's from? About a decade ago they were doing longer versions of a lot of jackets which have now thankfully been discontinued.

Observe

One Too Many
Do you know when it's from? About a decade ago they were doing longer versions of a lot of jackets which have now thankfully been discontinued.
Got it from a member here who I believe bought it new within the last couple years. It has a plain black lining as opposed to the blue and black checkered one. It's in cxl steerhide as well.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
613SJH is really nice. The last time they did this special run was with Horween, this time it's Shinki special brown color. Very expensive. ¥242,000. Almost double the regular 613 horsehides jackets. I think I've seen JCSD with a black one here too.
1686707917599.png

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
613SJH is really nice. The last time they did this special run was with Horween, this time it's Shinki special brown color. Very expensive. ¥242,000. Almost double the regular 613 horsehides jackets. I think I've seen JCSD with a black one here too.
View attachment 525334
Here's the black one, also very nice. The brown / burgundy one really stands out though.

I paid ¥220k which indeed is a lot of money, but absolutely worth it imo. It's the ultimate Perfecto one star in a high end leather, unique and beautiful color.

IMG_3460.jpeg
IMG_3462.jpeg
IMG_3464.jpeg

jeo

One Too Many
View attachment 525334

Haha this exact jacket has been in my YAJ watchlist for some time now!

Unsure about the fit. Shoulders seem tiny for a 36. Other size 36s I’m watching list even smaller shoulders.

Aloysius

[/URL]

Unsure about the fit. Shoulders seem tiny for a 36. Other size 36s I’m watching list even smaller shoulders.

It used to have the absurd Schott Japan fit that gave size 44 a 20" P2P. That changed over the past year or so, so older stock of Schott Japan jackets (as well as certain current models) will not fit anything like what they're labeled.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

[/URL]

I was somewhat confused about the sizing of these. According to the size chart the size 42 has 17.75" shoulders and 20.8" chest. No way that would fit my 43" chest, yet it does. I even tied it on over a sweater to make sure I wasn't buying a jacket that's too tight.

Either they have a different way of measuring or the size chart is incorrect.

IMG_4129.jpeg

jeo

One Too Many
I was somewhat confused about the sizing of these. According to the size chart the size 42 has 17.75" shoulders and 20.8" chest. No way that would fit my 43" chest, yet it does. I even tied it on over a sweater to make sure I wasn't buying a jacket that's too tight.

Either they have a different way of measuring or the size chart is incorrect.

View attachment 525344

Would be great if you could measure your 42 and compare to the size chart. Would be really helpful for people interested in this jacket.

jeo

One Too Many
It used to have the absurd Schott Japan fit that gave size 44 a 20" P2P. That changed over the past year or so, so older stock of Schott Japan jackets (as well as certain current models) will not fit anything like what they're labeled.

They look good on the few people I’ve seen and not narrow and long like the measurements suggest.

Aloysius

They look good on the few people I’ve seen and not narrow and long like the measurements suggest.

They're definitely not super long. Where the Japanese descriptions talk about a 'longer version', that's just getting at standard western length.

But for an illustration of how downsized they are, I hooked a skinny guy with a 34" chest up with one of them in 38 and it was a snug fit.

The new sizing/pattern is great though, at both small and big sizes.

Reactions: jeo

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
Anyone who has tried both, what's better, the slim fit version of the Aero 'motorcycle jacket' (known as Ridley in the US, I think) or Schott 613S/613SH? Aero might have the edge in terms of leather (CXL, Badalassi), but what about comfort?
As @Aloysius said both are comfortable.
Except for the length measurements are within a cm.
Here's a side by side comparison, both size 40.
front.jpg
back.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran