Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hidden in Plain Schott: the 613SH Perfecto

unhatted

One of the Regulars
Despite my reservations about the cut working on my frame (and my low cut jeans and untucked T tendencies), this thread has made it impossible to resist a classic Schott cross zip!

Have joined the club with a fully-circumcised 1994 618. Has clearly seen a bit of action in the decades of use but has come out nicely with a bit of TLC.

Enjoying the fit much more than I anticipated, though the bicep width—which feels about the same as the chest size—takes some getting used to. Feel a bit like I‘m advertising tickets for a gun show that does not exist!

0AFDC919-DE24-46F8-A90C-0E48C52767E4.jpeg 1C1255FF-AC64-4D63-A084-8E4174BEE034.jpeg 3D15D8F2-EE0D-47DA-8951-5101E8EB5FAE.jpeg C763C045-9D33-4B0A-9E05-D0E323BEE63D.jpeg

Despite my reservations about the cut working on my frame (and my low cut jeans and untucked T tendencies), this thread has made it impossible to resist a classic Schott cross zip!

Have joined the club with a fully-circumcised 1994 618. Has clearly seen a bit of action in the decades of use but has come out nicely with a bit of TLC.

Enjoying the fit much more than I anticipated, though the bicep width—which feels about the same as the chest size—takes some getting used to. Feel a bit like I‘m advertising tickets for a gun show that does not exist!

View attachment 425523 View attachment 425524 View attachment 425525 View attachment 425526

I was in shock how well this FCL Leon fits you until I read the post and realized it is, in fact, not FCL Leon but Schott. Perfect!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 425523 View attachment 425524 View attachment 425525 View attachment 425526

mumpy

A-List Customer
I got this jacket recently and really like it! Only thing is, not sure whether it might be too long on me. Looking for a bit of fit advise on this one.

See pictures below open and zipped. This a size 40 for reference and I am 5.10 with longer legs and shorter torso in proportion.

2023-04-29 19.24.17.jpg

2023-04-29 19.24.13.jpg

What do you think?

Last edited:

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don’t think it’s too long on you. It looks good as is plus it really does ride up with break in. It certainly doesn’t look like one of those hyper long fashion ‘moto’ jackets.

EDIT: Typo.

Last edited:

mumpy

A-List Customer
I don’t think it’s too long on you. It looks good as is plus it really does ride up with break in. It certainly doesn’t looks like one of those hyper long fashion ‘moto’ jackets.
Thanks, good to know that it rides up after break in!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Ok, so I did it.

Coming out of my self-imposed "no-jacket" hibernation, I ordered the 613SH after lusting after it for so long.
Schott managed to deliver it to my doorstep on the third business day after my order, custom clearance included.

I am working right now, so I can´t share more than very initial observations.

- I was on the fence between size 42 and 44. The jacket is desribed as a "slim fit" and even extended talks to some members here didn´t really lift my fear to be "right in between sizes" with the 44 simply being too wide in the chest.

I did pick the 44 eventually, and boy am I glad I did. Chest is roomy but alright, even with a T-Shirt, and everything else (shoulders, hem, body) is just fine, with the sleeves erring on the longer side.
I dare say, the fit will be pretty much perfect upon break-in.

- Schott describes the jacket as "heavy", but over here, I guess "midweight, but with a good heft" would be the more go-to description.

I have heard quite a few members describe the hide as among the nicest they have seen/handled. This is something where I would like to reserve my judgement until after wearing the jacket for some time.
At the moment, while being nice and shiny, the hide is very uniform and has yet to develop "character".

Thanks to @Aloysius for this very thorough review, to @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead for helping with the size and others (@mumpy very recently) for sharing mouth-.watering pictures.

Can´t wait to initiate the battle between Schott and LL for the nicest Cross-Zip with first-hand intel.

Last edited:

mumpy

A-List Customer
Ok, so I did it.

Coming out of my self-imposed "no-jacket" hibernation, I ordered the 613SH after lusting after it for so long.
Schott managed to deliver it to my doorstep on the third business day after my order, custom clearance included.

I am working right now, so I can´t share more than very initial observations.

- I was on the fence between size 42 and 44. The jacket is desribed as a "slim fit" and even extended talks to some members here didn´t really lift my fear to be "right in between sizes" with the 44 simply being to wide in the chest.

I did pick the 44 eventually, and boy am I glad I did. Chest is roomy but alright, even with a T-Shirt, and everything else (shoulders, hem, body) is just fine, with the sleeves erring on the longer side.

- Schott describes the jacket as "heavy", but over here, I guess "midweight, but with a good heft" would be the more go-to description.

I have heard quite a few members describe the hide as among the nicest they have seen/handled. This is something where I would like to reserve my judgement until after wearing the jacket for some time.
At the moment, while being nice and shiny, the hide is very uniform and has yet to develop "character".

Thanks to @Aloysius for this very thorough review, to @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead for helping with the size and others (@mumpy very recently) for sharing mouth-.watering pictures.

Can´t wait to initiate the battle between Schott and LL for the nicest Cross-Zip with first-hand intel.
Welcome to the 613SH club! Hope you enjoy it :)

Aloysius

Congrats!
- I was on the fence between size 42 and 44. The jacket is desribed as a "slim fit" and even extended talks to some members here didn´t really lift my fear to be "right in between sizes" with the 44 simply being to wide in the chest.

Yeah I need to go back and add clarifying notes to my doubts about whether I made the right call by going one size up from my chest number–I definitely did, as did you. I have a jacket on the same pattern that corresponds to the 40 and it's constricting everywhere, whereas my 42 613SH just feels right.

Yep, it'll take a bit of time! At the start it's nice–but in the way motorcycling leathers are nice. Doesn't quite show its potential. Once it's been worn (especially in the rain) the hide is on the path to looking like many of the most attractive vintage leathers.

Aloysius

Did you put that mitered buckle on it or is that standard now? I had them install one on mine while it was at the factory having a fur collar made.

Aloysius

No, this is the standard buckle.

Fantastic. I thought it was a missed opportunity that the 613S/SH had the pattern of the vintage jackets, but the heavy square buckle of the newer ones. The mitered buckle fits it much better.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Congrats!

Yeah I need to go back and add clarifying notes to my doubts about whether I made the right call by going one size up from my chest number–I definitely did, as did you. I have a jacket on the same pattern that corresponds to the 40 and it's constricting everywhere, whereas my 42 613SH just feels right.

Yep, it'll take a bit of time! At the start it's nice–but in the way motorcycling leathers are nice. Doesn't quite show its potential. Once it's been worn (especially in the rain) the hide is on the path to looking like many of the most attractive vintage leathers.

One thing I will add is that the smell fresh out of the box is the most delicious and intoxicating aroma I ever had on a new jacket.
Himel´s shinki is nice, Horween CXL is so-so, but this is relly the bee´s knees! Will probably have to buy a new one every six month just for that sensation alone...

mumpy

A-List Customer
Fantastic. I thought it was a missed opportunity that the 613S/SH had the pattern of the vintage jackets, but the heavy square buckle of the newer ones. The mitered buckle fits it much better.
Indeed, mine which according to the pocket label was manufactured in 2021 has the heavy square buckle instead of this one.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Very nice, Tom. Remember it will be the worst it will ever look day 1. Took about 40 or 50 wears for me to start getting some shape. If you think you have some room to spare, I'd suggest getting wet. not a thorough soak, but some rubbing in water here and there, especially sleeves and shoulders/upper pecs. Unlike most leather jackets, I found that this one tightened after breaking in which was weird LOL and ultimately made the jacket too small for me with size 40. Not sure if it was the water treatment, so just be careful, but the water made a huge difference in speeding up the process

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112