Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hideki Okisaka: Master '30s tailor !

GBR

One of the Regulars
Some features quite like Mr Rover's recent purchase from Sams in HK.

neyus

New in Town
Matt Deckard said:
I'll go to Japan for the toy fair, Hong Kong for the suits and Magnoli for the Museum artifacts.

Matt I would consider going to Japan for suits as well. The quality of the stuff in Japan is unbelievable and not too astronomical prices.

Some of the department stores and suit retailers like suit company and suit select 21 have some pretty good stuff OTR. The main problem will be sizing, but they do have larger sizes, but the styles become more limited.

If you have more time, consider MTM in some of the big department stores. I saw this beautiful peak lapel suit with double sided button closure in Isetan department store, I would have got it too, if I had more time!!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
beautiful

72_3.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Japan

Robert Conway said:
Amazing stuff. Absolutely amazing.

Look at how well the suits look, when these gentlemen are sitting down. They totally hold their form. In comparison anything you buy off the rack these days looks like a damp cardboard box.

You've got to love the Japanese. When they are in to something, they don't mess around.

I agree that the styles may be a little exaggerated, but there is no reason why he couldn't back off a little.

RC

I travelled to Japan in the airlines just about 3/4 of the year every week to Nagoya, Tokyo and Fukuoka.

I spent a lot of time looking in stores and buying stuff for my kids.

I must say the quality was always superb and on sale the stuff was great value and lasted my kids for years and they wore clothes no one ever saw in Sydney.

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
Did Master Tailor Hideki Okisaka pass away???

I just got on the 30's Style website and it says that they have just held a Hideki Okisaka memorial night! It shows flowers and photos of him. Is this true? If so, does anyone know what the heck happened?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Yes, sadly it's true. I asked my wife who is Japanese to translate and it seems that he passed away this past summer although it didn't say from what cause. A memorial was held at the same time that I was in Japan, but I didn't know about it.

I've never seen one of his suits in person, but from the pictures I'd say they are amazing examples of dedication and artistry. The world needs more of that, for certain. He was indeed a Sensei of the sartorial arts...

3PieceSuitGuy

One of the Regulars
That is very sad news!

Wow what a terrible loss! My thoughts are:

The world has lost one of it's best!

If you are fortunate enough to own one of his suits hang onto it. All masterpieces appreciate in value!

I hope he had an apprentice! We can't afford to lose his knowledge!

When I meet my maker, if I am one hundreth as stylish as he would have been I will be doing well!

I take my hat off to him!

marcoinge

New in Town
www.the30sstyle.com

I'm sorry if it has been discussed before... I found the link to www.the30sstyle.com reading through the forum and I think it is a nice site with great pictures.

Is it in Japanese only? No translations availables?

Marco

PS: it's my first post, so my greetings to all of you!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
Greetings! Welcome to the Fedora Lounge.

We have discussed this very skilled gentleman at length, here. Enjoy the reading!

Scot I posted two threads on the demise of the great man... could they be incorporated in this thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy