Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hideki Okisaka: Master '30s tailor !

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo, this would look great on you...

It seems right up your alley sir.

resortes805 said:
I'm digging this look from the30sstyle.com, it's almost mid 40's in my eyes.
om29.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This needs a Bump at least eevry year ... for the new members.

Maybe best 1930s inspired suits I have ever seen exept for HBKs creations (who is aiming at the 20s now anyway)

Last edited:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! Gotta love those translators. Well at least one can understand that the link informs about the work made by Hideki's tailors/cutters.

So the price for a non-sports suit jacket is 98000 Yen, roughly 1000 USD or 750 Euros. That would be a normal (if not lower-end) price one pays nowadays for a quality bespoke suit jacket (in Germany at least).

Last edited:

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
... I hope the company survives.

What is this? Does somebody sell his suits from him? Or just an article abou his work?

So the price for a non-sports suit jacket is 98000 Yen, roughly 1000 USD or 800 Euros. That would be the normal (lowest) price one pays nowadays for a bespoke suit jacket (in Germany at least).

i think there is some confusion here; 'Savoy Dressmaker' was Hideki Okisaka's name for his own tailoring business. the website with that name has been taken down since he died. as far as i'm aware there is no 'company' surviving that still makes suits under that name. the 30s style site is an ongoing memorial to Hideki's work.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the tip with google translate.

The question however was meant if somebody would sell of the old suits (maybe second hand or deadstock from the shop) today? But this seems to be an old article when Hideki Okisaka was still alive.

So far as I understood it, H. Okisaka ran a purely bespoke outfit, so it would be odd if enough of his stuff was in the possession of a single person to run a shop.

A side-note is that he was at one point buying absolutely every belted back 20s-30s suit that came around on eBay. This would be from around 2003-2006. The only time in that period I broke my $100 limit for suits was for a caramel belt-back knickerbocker suit. And simply because I had to outbid this guy to get it. He tended to bid high. $100 was a high bid for a size 36 belt back suit in those days. sigh. (This is back in the days when you could see who was the bidding competitor, so you knew who it was.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy