Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Highwayman with detachable fur collar?

sshack

A-List Customer
Hi, I was thinking of adding a white mouton fur collar (detachable) to my Black FQHH Highwayman on order. Has anyone done this to their Highwayman? Would love some feedback!! I would rarely keep the fur collar on, but like that I have the option.

mattp

One of the Regulars
I've just ordered a black cafe racer with a detachable black shearling collar. The question isn't whether to do it, but what colour and either fur or shearling! For £60 it's great to have the option. If anyone has any more pics I too would love to see them, there's not a great number of white on black pics out there.

The nice thing is you can get more than one color. If you have the money, you can have a number of looks for the price of an added collar.

sshack

A-List Customer
The nice thing is you can get more than one color. If you have the money, you can have a number of looks for the price of an added collar.

Oh, wow. It didn't even occur to me. I went with an off-white shearling collar, but can get another one as well... my wallet curses you. :rolleyes:

gewila

New in Town
Go for it! Just got my cordovan Highwayman refitted with a detachable dark brown collar back from Aero. I was concerned that the collar would give me a bad-a**-ghetto-pimpish appearance, but it didn't. It has taken the jacket up to a new level or class, I think. The jacket is now even more versatile. The fur sleeve needs a bit breaking in as well as it stands quite high on the neck. The best thing is that the sleeve also fits my LW Suburban perfect as well.
Good luck

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Oh, wow. It didn't even occur to me. I went with an off-white shearling collar, but can get another one as well... my wallet curses you. :rolleyes:
And another one gone... another one bites the dust...

Don't worry, I'm talking about myself too. I'm doing my custom buying on the domestic side for now but I know sooner or later...

Worf

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Funny, increasingly Aero strike me more as 'dealers' than 'producers', tending to and feeding our habits out there. Next thing you know there'll be a wish-list page on their website. Then we'll be in real trouble... :eek:

Last edited:
Funny, increasingly Aero strike me more as 'dealers' than 'producers', tending to and feeding our habits out there. Next thing you know there'll be a wish-list part of their website. Then we'll be in real trouble...
I was thinking "no money down lay away". I recall my mom used to do that as kids. The precursor to credit as we know it today.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I can just imagine Will's consternation: Amanda: "We've got 50 orders for barnstormers and 30 half-belts, all lay-aways. We'd better get busy." Will: "Hmmm."

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Really? Weird. I spoke to him barely two weeks ago about the idea of doing an article on Aero, he seemed pretty up for it.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That's a shame (not least to say that's that idea for a feature knocked on the head). He was obviously incredibly passionate and knowledgeable about his craft.

I can't imagine anyone fullfilling Will's responsibilities as well...but surely he had trained someone before he left. It was my understanding that he was part owner of Aero along with Ken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails