Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hmm do you think Brooks Bros. is regretting the Thom Browne fiasco???

Edward

Bartender
repeatclicks said:
The 3 leg suit:

24.jpg

All ready for the three-legged trouser limbo at the Chap Olympiad!

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZU-Q2kRQNc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZU-Q2kRQNc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Geesie

Practically Family
:eek:

The man is a certifiable GENIUS! Tiny suits, three-legged pants... this has got to be a huge joke on the world of haute couture and they're all falling for it. :eusa_clap

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Three legged trousers?

You know the end of the world is coming when Saturday Night Live parody commercials become actual reality...

Leevi%27s%203%20Legged%20Jeans.jpg

"A leg and a leg and a leg..."

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I actually like the cashmere fun cardigan (stripes, plaid argyle, diamond design all in medium gray and white). It would take a certain type to pull it off, though.

WH1

Practically Family
Paisley said:
I actually like the cashmere fun cardigan (stripes, plaid argyle, diamond design all in medium gray and white). It would take a certain type to pull it off, though.

You know I guarantee I could pull that off...
getting me into first though, better pack a lunch and plan on making a day of it;) lol :p :D

Ed13

Familiar Face
Last year I purchased a cashmere cardigan and it is very good quality. Very nice cashmere and fitted but not an overly slim cut.

While I also wouldn't wear many of the items I don't have a problem with those that choose too. Like most lines of OTR clothes not everything is to everyone's tastes. To make sweeping negative statements on a line of clothes just because of a couple of items seems uncalled for. Is it any different than someone saying all vintage clothes are nothing but old rags? One of the reasons I read this forum is the acceptance of styles that are not in the mainstream.

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
Its just a ploy to expand their demographic toward a younger arty crowd.

It's not a ploy if the younger arty crowd doesn't shop and BB and this gets them in the store and buying stuff. It's just good business and if the younger and arty gets older and more conservative they can continue to shop at BB.

The Black Fleece collection only seems to be available on the coasts since I was in the MI Avenue store in Chicago and didn't see any of it and none of it has been available in CO since shortly after the launch in 2007-2008(?). The Beverly Hills store had a small selection but didn't seem to have the more offensive pieces that are currently on sale. It seems the people going to San Francisco or Madison Avenue in NY will have the best opportunity to see this stuff in person.

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
Ploy n.
A cunning plan or action designed to turn a situation to one's own advantage.

Oh, I don't know...hate to be pedantic but...

HAH! I've always felt a ploy included some deviousness or trickery at the expense of the opposition. Here's a definition from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ploy:

ploy (ploi) n. An action calculated to frustrate an opponent or gain an advantage indirectly or deviously; a maneuver: "A typical ploy is to feign illness, procure medicine, then sell it on the black market" (Jill Smolowe).

"A typical ploy is to introduce items so awful into a fashion line that all other items in the line look fantastic by comparison."

Feraud

Bartender
I have a friend who has purchased Black Fleece. He wears them like a well dressed grown man and not like he stepped off a runway. Big difference.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HAH! I've always felt a ploy included some deviousness or trickery at the expense of the opposition. Here's a definition from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ploy:

ploy (ploi) n. An action calculated to frustrate an opponent or gain an advantage indirectly or deviously; a maneuver: "A typical ploy is to feign illness, procure medicine, then sell it on the black market" (Jill Smolowe).

"A typical ploy is to introduce items so awful into a fashion line that all other items in the line look fantastic by comparison."

Haha, touche sir! ;)

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I wonder if the link has changed, because I didn't see a morning coat.The

navy norfolk jacket doesn't look toooo horrible, but the material is a dumb choice for a norfolk, and the metal buttons and navy cashmere material make me think it was like a blazer and a norfolk jacket got it on and this is their illegitimate offspring.

The poncho almost made me literally laugh out loud. It looks like a shower curtain with a hood attached

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou