Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOLY GRAIL? /What fedoras are you pining for?

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
My Grail would be a vintage white hat that does not look Gray next to my slightly cream, white belted back suit, and also looks good with my cream 30s overcoat. The suit and coat go together reasonably well, but never hat to go with have I found. It is not only the object of a true quest for me, but also rare enough to be worthy of it.

On the other hand, I have had a white vintage 50s cowboy hat that is too snug on me kicking around my closet for years. It is pretty close to perfect, so I am considering having it completely redone, enlarged, brim trimmed, and new ribbon and band.

I think it is close enough to work and as close as i am likely to get. perhaps, happiness has been in my own back yard all along.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
reetpleat said:
My Grail would be a vintage white hat that does not look Gray next to my slightly cream, white belted back suit, and also looks good with my cream 30s overcoat.

Your Grail hat will be on eBay in a week. Even better, it's a 1930s featherweight made by Vinemet, then Belgium's finest hatter -- and in the finest Belgian felt. Condition is mint, probably deadstock.

Isn't life wonderful?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Lefty, the Stetson Ermine would be my holy grail of hats to have. I think only 10 or 20 were ever made. A while ago one popped up on the bay. The seller wanted a lot of money for it. It was a size 6 7/8. I offered 1000.00 and was turned down.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Your Grail hat will be on eBay in a week. Even better, it's a 1930s featherweight made by Vinemet, then Belgium's finest hatter -- and in the finest Belgian felt. Condition is mint, probably deadstock.

Isn't life wonderful?

Except for the fact that I am pretty low on finds at the moment. But i will give it a bid. What size. I am 7 1/8

One down, so many more to go...

gtdean48 said:
... so I'm searching for the Playboy now with an eye out for a Stetson 100 in 7 5/8 LO.
Thanks to Jimmy the Lid, I'm now sporting an excellent Stetson 100.
Guess I'll keep looking for the Playboy with an eye out for a 7X Clear Beaver, now....

Jabos

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
Thanks to Jimmy the Lid, I'm now sporting an excellent Stetson 100.
Guess I'll keep looking for the Playboy with an eye out for a 7X Clear Beaver, now....
Wow, a 100. Congrats on that one. I'd love to just touch one sometime. That would likely be my Holy Grail hat too! Post some pics of it, would ja?

Yes, my Holy Grail hat that would be. . . Sure would. . . Yep. . . (you listening JTL?lol ).

cookie

I'll Lock Up
reetpleat said:
My Grail would be a vintage white hat that does not look Gray next to my slightly cream, white belted back suit, and also looks good with my cream 30s overcoat. The suit and coat go together reasonably well, but never hat to go with have I found. It is not only the object of a true quest for me, but also rare enough to be worthy of it.

Arise Oh Nuovo Capi di Tutti Capi! The opening scenes of Godfather I when de Niro knocks off the old capo in the coffe shop...

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
A grail should be so hard to get it's virtually mythical.
My grail hat would be any fedora worn by Bogart himself.

HumphreyBogart.jpg

Or the hat Banjo is wearing in my avatar

Jabos said:
Wow, a 100. Congrats on that one. I'd love to just touch one sometime. That would likely be my Holy Grail hat too! Post some pics of it, would ja?

Yes, my Holy Grail hat that would be. . . Sure would. . . Yep. . . (you listening JTL?lol ).
Here are all the details with photos of it on my head in the New Hat thread yesterday....
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=824544&postcount=1

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
cookie said:
I am still killing myself I didn't buy that one a Lounger sold recently especially as it was my fave colour!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm still feeling some pain from letting go of that one. It didn't fit, but the color was killer.

I thought I had found my grail-hat with the cream Knox Twenty I posted earlier, but I wouldn't say no to a blue-grey Playboy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21