Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOLY GRAIL? /What fedoras are you pining for?

anon`

One Too Many
randooch said:
. . . preferably from the 40's or 50's, size 23 inches i.d. (7 3/8, 7 1/2?)

Can't seem to find one to round out the collection. :(
Kinda like this?

DSCN3824.JPG

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
anon -- that lid is awesome. I believe you may have posted that one a long time ago -- but, as a refresher, what is it?

Cheers,
JtL

anon`

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
anon -- that lid is awesome. I believe you may have posted that one a long time ago -- but, as a refresher, what is it?

Cheers,
JtL
Thanks! I did post it long ago, last Christmas actually. The hat is a Knox Tom 'n' Jerry, with the iridescent embroidered logo, probably from the late '40s or '50s.

gtdean48 said:
...Guess I'll keep looking for the Playboy with an eye out for a 7X Clear Beaver, now....
I didn't list it here but I was searching for a Penney's Marathon that with a good trade with IndyCop, I secured.
I also got a rather nice vintage Resistol & a wider brimmed Stratoliner in my size & shape.
The Playboy & 7X CB still are my quest!

Mikey P

One of the Regulars
With our 25th wedding anniversary coming up in a few months, I've been dropping some not too subtle hints to my wife about one of Art's Route 66 creations.

Oh, and hi everyone! It's great to be here!:D

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I would like to find one like Douglas' Boss Raw Edge - something to wear in place of my 'Open Road', but with a more vintage look to it.

3477356%3B3%7Ffp34%3B%3Enu%3D3273%3E936%3E9%3C5%3EWSNRCG%3D323399%3B888684nu0mrj

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
A few months ago, I would have said "a vintage silk top hat for my wedding", but then metropd was selling one in the Classifieds, and I bought it. [huh]

So now, I guess I'd have to say, "a pristine vintage Lock & Co. bowler, size 7 1/8 UK". That or a VS hat, but the latter is just a matter of me saving up my pennies (not doing so well at that right now), and Mr. Fawcett not meeting with any unexpected occurrences. (We need Art insurance!)

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Jimmy the Lid's amazing longhaired green Adam Vicorona. Still trying to save enough money in order to bribe him. ;)

Or an advanced copy of every one of Art's upcoming, and currently unknown (?) exclusive colors.

Chinaski

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Alas, the Vicorona has gone on to greener pastures...:D

Cheers,
JtL

This is from the "What Hat Are You Wearing" thread recently. It seems JtL has unloaded the oft-maligned, much admired, famous, and infamous, Vicorona.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
So, what fedoras/colors are you pining for?

So, what fedora styles or colors are you in the hunt for?

I think I have all the basic fedoras and colors I need at this point. I'd like another black one because the black Stetson I have I am not taken with (it's OK, but it lacks that something to me). I have a black, several grays, a few silverbellys, and 2 browns. I'd kind of like a nice creme colored one, but everytime I see those on ebay they go for more than I can afford. I'll keep watching, tho.

I have 6 Stetsons
Tan/beige Open Road, thin ribbon
Silverbelly Open Road "25", thin ribbon
Silverbelly 4X Open Road with a 1-1/2" black ribbon, silverbelly bound edge
Silverbelly 4X Beaver Open Road with a brown bound edge and a 1-1/2" brown ribbon
Black Sovereign 2" black ribbon
Royal Delux, medium gray, 2" black ribbon

Other makers:
Lee from sometime in the 1930's in a nice chocolate brown, 2" brown ribbon
Alexander pork pie in chocolate brown with a neat multicolored ribbon
Adam Executive in a brownish gray, 1-/1/8" black ribbon
Bond Imperial in light gray, 2" black ribbon
Resistol medium gray, 2" black ribbon
Penny Marathon, medium gray, 2" brown ribbon
Bohm (German manufacturer) dark gray, 1-1/8" ribbon
Dayton medium gray, 1-3/8" blue gray ribbon

I also have another Adam I am trying to sell on ebay…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330485270437&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Anyway, after all these, anything else I get is gravy.

Mulceber

Practically Family
I'm really pining for a public enemies hat, although I could never justify paying Optimo's prices for one. Plus I have a feeling that, due to my height, the crown would look shorter on me than it did on Johnny Depp. For that reason, at some point I'm thinking I'll probably ask Art to make me a hat similar to my second one, but in black cherry and with a matching ribbon. Also, at some point I'd like to get an Artlite in Sahara for summer wear. -M

Last edited:

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Yeah, that Johnny Depp hat would be sweet.

The dark green of a Penman would be nice too

I'm always watching for an older western hat in dark green to rebuild into a "super fedora" for hard wear. Years ago, you'd see the mid to dark green cowboy hats in good felt .. Stetson, Resistol ... but I haven't got lucky yet

I found a blue Knox Flying Cloud recently and blocked it into a porkpie, but I'm always looking for a really sharp, wide brimmed blue fedora.

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk