Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOLY GRAIL? /What fedoras are you pining for?

Scuttle

One of the Regulars
Welp, I now pretty much straight-up want a hat like the one Buckaroo Hatters/@majormoore made for Rodney Crowell, which I'd missed until @RBH posted this video:

The trick being to scale it down to crest at about 4" or so, open like that.

Dreams.

~ S.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
648FFB4D-45CE-4496-831B-112FAE6E49AD.jpeg
One of these.
This man could wear a hat!!
B

You know how close to home that hits for @Bamaboots don't you? I feel bad as I found that hat for him... :(

Well, since you brought it up.... Bob, being the searcher he is, found what appeared to be a pristine, black Stetson 25 OR on Craigslist in TX. Made contact with the seller who was a very nice older lady who was selling some of her recently departed husbands property. She knew nothing of the hat, only that her husband had owned it for years but rarely wore it. She agreed to ship and a paypal transaction was made.

As soon as I opened the box it was apparent something wasn't right. The hat wasn't just stiff, it was harder than Chinese arithmetic. I did give it a gas bath just to see what would happen. Zip, other than getting wet. The surface of the paint couldn't even be scratched off. Must've been painted with some military grade stuff. I decided to leave the seller in peace and not bother her about it. After pondering what to do next, I opened the garbage can. May as well have driven down the road and thrown out a hundred dollar bill.

One of the more painful memories in my hat buying history. Thanks, Bob!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Well, since you brought it up.... Bob, being the searcher he is, found what appeared to be a pristine, black Stetson 25 OR on Craigslist in TX. Made contact with the seller who was a very nice older lady who was selling some of her recently departed husbands property. She knew nothing of the hat, only that her husband had owned it for years but rarely wore it. She agreed to ship and a paypal transaction was made.

As soon as I opened the box it was apparent something wasn't right. The hat wasn't just stiff, it was harder than Chinese arithmetic. I did give it a gas bath just to see what would happen. Zip, other than getting wet. The surface of the paint couldn't even be scratched off. Must've been painted with some military grade stuff. I decided to leave the seller in peace and not bother her about it. After pondering what to do next, I opened the garbage can. May as well have driven down the road and thrown out a hundred dollar bill.

One of the more painful memories in my hat buying history. Thanks, Bob!
Ouch!!
I generally overlook asking if the hat’s hard as a rock or takes wax well too! Lol
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko