Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Musher

One of the Regulars
Velour can be made of different materials but it all has a plush texture. If you’re looking at the Dobbs velour homburg on eBay it is a fur felt made to a velour finish. Not everyone feels the same, but I like velour hats. If you can find one at a good price I wouldn’t hesitate. Are you looking at those pale green Dobbs homburgs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dobbs has different colors of velour Homburgs on ebay. I want the chocolate but they do not have it in 7.5 and it is out of production. I do not care for the moss color.

Dobbs has different colors of velour Homburgs on ebay. I want the chocolate but they do not have it in 7.5 and it is out of production. I do not care for the moss color.

Being of recent manufacturer, those Dobbs hats are not going to compare to vintage gems, but if you like the looks and proportions they should give you many years of service. I wouldn’t pay anywhere near MSRP, but that’s just me. Hopefully you can find a great deal. If I see one in my size I might be tempted too.

Disclaimer: Heresy on this thread. Having a 40´s borsalino Homburg and a Lord´s hat made by my favourite hatter. I see me wearing more often the Lord´s hat or a derby that i have than the Homburg. I didnt say that i dont wear the homburg. Only that the Lord´s hat is more of my tate. Now to stone to me :p
I always love a good Lord's Hat. They have their place and are unique and classy.
27Mar18 Bone Lords Hat profile.jpg

Disclaimer: Heresy on this thread. Having a 40´s borsalino Homburg and a Lord´s hat made by my favourite hatter. I see me wearing more often the Lord´s hat or a derby that i have than the Homburg. I didnt say that i dont wear the homburg. Only that the Lord´s hat is more of my tate. Now to stone to me :p

No heresy, just a touch of blasphemy so you should be alright after a night in the rack.

For me, a lords hat is easier to wear casually whereas a homburg requires being a bit more dressed up (just my personal preferences).

Musher

One of the Regulars
Lol. I live in a small log cabin and really do not have any more room unless I start jettisoning some of my wool hats. I like them for certain weather conditions.

Keep searching for that elusive chocolate brown homburg. :)
I’ve been searching for the right chocolate brown homburg for a long time.

As far as “only room for one more hat”...no one here is going to believe that.

Lords hats are great. The lack of a brim binding gives them a very clean look.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’d second that.

I also agree with Steur and Deadly that if you only have room for one more hat then wait for one of those elusive velour vintage beauties: however, if you live in a colder climate and need a “serviceable” chocolate colored homburg then the Dobbs would work. Good luck I know it’s a had decision.

Musher

One of the Regulars
It looks like Velour. The felt is most likely Tonak maybe the entire hat. I would need to see a closer photo and a photo of the liner / sweatband.
The Dobbs Chocolate homburg is out of production and unavailable in my size, 7.5.

Yes Brett it is advertised as velour.

I am not in a hurry. There is always the option of going to Luisa or perhaps a Stetson Cordova.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21