Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Winston Carter

Practically Family
I'm going to order this silver homburg today. Plan on steaming the front and back down 1/2" and putting some dents in crown. Has anyone ordered from this co.? Says it's lined and firm wool. I will try anything once to modify.
https://nethats.com/products/godfather-homburg-fedora-hat-in-silver-grey
rs=w_600,h_600.jpg

I haven't looked for any vintage homburg's. My hat size is 7 1/2.
As others said....difficult but not impossible...with patience and time you WILL find one and often it will be cheaper than a new one that would not be half as nice...........vintage homburgs still do not command the prices of vintage fedoras.;)
M:)

Musher

One of the Regulars

Attachments

• 00G0G_l3dQybwMGug_600x450.jpg
    00G0G_l3dQybwMGug_600x450.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 97
This is for sale on Craigslist Albany, N.Y. for $50. It is listed as a fedora but it looks more homburg to me. I am also a 7.5 and thought about buying it but I need a dark brown. It's made in France and ad says it's from the 1950s or 60s and has never been worn.
View attachment 126611

View attachment 126612

It does not appear to be a homburg. It looks like a stingy brim with a center dent crease. The brim edge looks to be either felted or maybe an overwelt, but it’s not bound. $50 is a lot for this style of hat as it is common and not all that desirable to most buyers. Unless you love the style, I’d say keep your powder dry for something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I have a newbee question for you. If a Homburg is advertised as velour, what exactly does that mean?

Velour can be made of different materials but it all has a plush texture. If you’re looking at the Dobbs velour homburg on eBay it is a fur felt made to a velour finish. Not everyone feels the same, but I like velour hats. If you can find one at a good price I wouldn’t hesitate. Are you looking at those pale green Dobbs homburgs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points