Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

The Dobbs Chocolate homburg is out of production and unavailable in my size, 7.5.

Yes Brett it is advertised as velour.

I am not in a hurry. There is always the option of going to Luisa or perhaps a Stetson Cordova.

Have you seen this Stetson St. Regis on EBay? The photos are terrible for color; it’s a nice chocolate brown. I actually bought that hat because it was originally listed as “at least a size 7 5/8” when in fact it is a size 7 1/2. I returned it and the listing was corrected. It does not have the wider brim that some of us prefer, but it’s a nice hat in excellent condition at a fair price. The felt is much nicer than my two D’aquino hats.

Good luck,

Brent

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Auth...id=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.X.TRS1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you seen this Stetson St. Regis on EBay? The photos are terrible for color; it’s a nice chocolate brown. I actually bought that hat because it was originally listed as “at least a size 7 5/8” when in fact it is a size 7 1/2. I returned it and the listing was corrected. It does not have the wider brim that some of us prefer, but it’s a nice hat in excellent condition at a fair price. The felt is much nicer than my two D’aquino hats.

Good luck,

Brent

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Authentic-Mens-Homburg-Bowler-ROYAL-DELUXE-STETSON-Size-7-1-2/323339155706?hash=item4b4883f8fa:g:KX8AAOSwStdbGGQb&_nkw=323339155706&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.X.TRS1

That is a nice one, snap it up. It is much better to go with a true vintage hommie, they just have a "feel" to them.

No. I did not see that. Do you remember if the crown is a 4" or 5" and the width of the brim? Could I put a center dent in it?

I didn’t take the measurements. I’d guess it has a crown that is at least 5 inches. It’s an open crown hat with soft dense felt that will easily accept your crease. It was made to be creased and a center dent would be no problem...what it was made for. I prefer larger brims, but this looks to be more along the proportions of your D’Aquino.

According to the seller the crown is 5 1/4 inches.

Sounds about perfect for a Homburg. I would have kept it if it had fit. I will say again that it is at the top of what I think the market should be for such a hat, but the price is fair. If you hold out you might find something for less, but not in better condition because it really is in perfect shape. I’ve been searching off and on for the perfect brown homburg for the last seven years.

If you want to spend less, and who doesn’t, I also suggest that you keep an eye out for Beaver Brand and Biltmore homburgs which can sometimes be found very cheap. They are rugged fur felt hats that look quite nice; however, those brands don’t compare with first quality vintage hats.

Winston Carter

Practically Family
Nice variation Homburg with Cattleman Crease.
https://www.riverjunction.com/On-The-Boardwalk-Hat--Hat-Style_p_3105.html
ontheboardwalk-1.jpg

Ok....here is a really (almost mint, apears quite litte if EVER worn) sweet chocolate brown Stetson St Regis from the mid 60's. Fits perfect, sweat is perfect, liner is perfect, the felt...well you know....is perfect;)!!
M:)
PS YES Brent, it IS that one......I kept looking at the listing and thinking about your description.....and finally I gave in.......BUT...I offered a much lower price.....and they took it!!! And it is EVERYTHING you said it was!! Thank you!!!!:):):):):):):)
20180723_171251.jpg
20180723_171315.jpg
20180723_171331.jpg

Ok....here is a really (almost mint, apears quite litte if EVER worn) sweet chocolate brown Stetson St Regis from the mid 60's. Fits perfect, sweat is perfect, liner is perfect, the felt...well you know....is perfect;)!!
M:)
PS YES Brent, it IS that one......I kept looking at the listing and thinking about your description.....and finally I gave in.......BUT...I offered a much lower price.....and they took it!!! And it is EVERYTHING you said it was!! Thank you!!!!:):):):):):):)
View attachment 128153 View attachment 128154 View attachment 128155

Good get! I often make offers, but I didn’t with that hat as I was afraid one of my friends/competitors would buy it before I could.

I’m glad you ended up with it. I’m still looking for one in that color...the search is half the fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112