Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

Here they are. One of the pics is taken through a jeweler's magnifying glass I use to look at insects trapped in amber. I hope it is helpful.
0e8e570c2de9f779b683560ea5b715cc.jpg
a8091df6e0ea9faa0503ef58e83d40ab.jpg
9c6ef1986c03b6d50012527ffc646426.jpg
3baa578680e4d9a6da28357f0285693d.jpg
2f251279d7957df7bc185ecebc349651.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Thanks, Max. Can't make out the colour name, which should be on the left. I think Steve is right about the dating: thirties is most likely. The Borsalino geeks, like myself, are trying to make sense of the arcane workings of the brand with every scrap of evidence we can find.

This just in (Well. Almost!) Borsalino Continental Homburg courtesy of fellow hatter 'deadlyhandsome.' I find that even though listed as charcoal, the felt takes on an olive shade in at certain angles in both inside and outside lighting! I'm waiting to see what shade the sunlight will bring! I am happy to share that my collection of Homburgs is growing! This, coming from someone who didn't think he'd ever be enjoying this type of vintage 'luxury.' :cool:

Superb hat, Jack. Judging by the liner and size labels not vintage vintage but that doesn't take away from a great hat.

NewJack

Practically Family
New Arrival: Mac Lachlin Homburg in gray. Even better looking in person! The felt has a brown tint to it in natural and inside lighting. The felt? Amazing! Soft. Dense. Shapeable with no steam. It's like swqishing a block of medium soft butter without getting ones fingers greasy. If you know what I mean. ;) The fit is larger than expected. However, it fits my LO noggin with a skosh of room to spare. 2/3/8 brim out to curl ( 2 7/8 total). Did I say amazing felt? Was seeking a gray one for some time now. Well. Here it is...Thanks MattC!

l

l

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
New Arrival: Mac Lachlin Homburg in gray. Even better looking in person! The felt has a brown tint to it in natural and inside lighting. The felt? Amazing! Soft. Dense. Shapeable with no steam. It's like swqishing a block of medium soft butter without getting ones fingers greasy. If you know what I mean. ;) The fit is larger than expected. However, it fits my LO noggin with a skosh of room to spare. 2/3/8 brim out to curl ( 2 7/8 total). Did I say amazing felt? Was seeking a gray one for some time now. Well. Here it is...Thanks MattC!

l

l
Hey Jack:
Super look. Super hat. Enjoy that one. You just don’t see those hardly ever.
Outstanding!!
That liner belongs in the Lovely Liners thread too!!
Be well. Bowen

l

l

Wow, that’s a home run! It looks great on you and your description of the felt caused me some real envy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

l

l
This is a rare bird indeed. The tartan liner is a nice touch. You really have a sweet piece with this one Jack.

Cool enough to walk around in my new NW Hats Whippet Clone in granite. Had to get some sunshine photos. This color is really interesting, inside it is a dark greenish gray. Outside, it lightens up and looses those tones. I'm really happy. Now it is getting too warm to walk around the farmer's market in it (getting the wife to move took too much time), so I'll switch to a NW Hats Cuenca Straw.
28Jul18 Whippet front 400x.jpg
28Jul18 Whippet side 400x.jpg
28Jul18 Whippet crown 400x.jpg
27Jul18 Whippet Clone Granite side 400x.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Cool enough to walk around in my new NW Hats Whippet Clone in granite. Had to get some sunshine photos. This color is really interesting, inside it is a dark greenish gray. Outside, it lightens up and looses those tones. I'm really happy. Now it is getting too warm to walk around the farmer's market in it (getting the wife to move took too much time), so I'll switch to a NW Hats Cuenca Straw.
View attachment 128677 View attachment 128678 View attachment 128679 View attachment 128680
Hey Red:
I really liked this hat first time i saw it posted. I like it more every time i see it. It keeps climbing the “I like Mike’s” hat ladder.
B

l

l
That is a stunning hat, Jack. Homburgs don't come much better than this. Yours has the tartan liner too (which mine doesn't have). A rare beast. Wear it with pride and take good care of it.

View attachment 128677 View attachment 128678 View attachment 128679 View attachment 128680
Great hat, Mike. The ribbon does lift it up a notch or two. Mike Miller did a great job on it.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
2mx299x.jpg

Borsalino Trionfo sold in Sofia in the Simon Zlateff shop with the wind cord
2rxe5w5.jpg

The color is "Mirtillo" and the "type" is "Mula" (a female mule) :rolleyes: Size is 6 1/2 Ancient French way to measure hat, a more simple 60 centimeters
16kktt.jpg

It came from UK as many of the "Zlateff field" in Europe. I'm making some research to understand why so many Bulgarian hats surface in UK.
315csub.jpg

The Bulgarian homburg are alway marked "Mula" that is a type for Borsalino, that in the same years, produced more high end homburg in other shape and dimension at least for the Italian market
24pauf5.jpg

The proportions are the classic Lobbia Borsalino: 5.5 cm. curled brim, around 11.5 crown with a soft felt
e5sn7c.jpg

I added another "Mirtillo" to my collection of the this color interpreted in a very bizarre way by the Borsalino dyeing man during the years

Daniele, Super nice. I know there were a good number of these Zlateff hats dumped on the market by Bulgarian sources around 10 -12 years ago. I actually got some great JHS hats that were not marked Zlateff but I am pretty sure they are Zlateff. I have tried to find out what happened Zlateff post WWII but haven't come up with anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto