1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Homburg Nation

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Garrett, Jan 24, 2009.

1. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Stefan, Thank you!

2. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Steve, Thanks too!

Steve1857 likes this.
  3. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Matt, Thank you! Great info on H. Peter. What's funny is I have one of those H. Peters hat holders but forgot about it!

Mean Eyed Matt and Steve1857 like this.
  4. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Thanks!

5. Mean Eyed Matt

Mean Eyed Matt A-List Customer

Indeed, that's funny.

mayserwegener likes this.
  6. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Quite unusual to find American made hats this side of the pond and most Stetsons I see were made under license, either in Germany or in England. Not this one.
    Stetson St. Regis in black. Royal Stetson (as most of the St Regis models are) in a size 7 3/8 (way too big for me). Brim sits at 6cm and the crown 11cm at the front. PM me if you're interested. Still has the price tag inside; $ 13,50. My guess off the cuff is late forties, early fifties.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

And the paperwork:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Stefan, You are on a roll! Another fantastic find!

bowlerman, steur and deadlyhandsome like this.
  9. Great find Stefan!! That $13.50 price tag puzzles me though.....I have two St Regis Royal Deluxe Homburgs from the 40's......each priced at $12.50. The white tag with the purple puzzles me too........cannot remember seeing one on a Stetson though I do have a couple of those on another brand that I cannot remember for sure at the moment....but I think are Adams.......could be a shop tag though......
    Really nice find.......
    M
    PS I forgot to mention all the seen features definitely point to a 40's very early 50's hat. Perhaps the price is for the overseas market????? Really nice find........

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    steur and deadlyhandsome like this.
  10. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Steve, thanks. If I found hats like these every time I go out shopping for vintage hats, I would go out more often! These make it worth it though.

Thanks, Mark. My bad on the price tag: it's just a repetition of the A350 number. I just looked at it without my glasses on. Oops.
    IMG_1215.jpg

deadlyhandsome, M Hatman and Tukwila like this.
  11. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

The homburg nation shouldn't go without any posts in more than two weeks: that's unheard of. This one belongs here too.
    Portis Sterling homburg in grey. Swan's down finish (liner) or Swansback Water Repellent (sweatband). Brim at 6cm and crown at 11,5cm at the center dent. Seems to be NOS and the felt is wonderful. If there's a member with an even smaller head than me, just PM me. Otherwise I might ask Penumbra hats to upsize it to fit me.

12. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

T&W Lees of Stockport, England. I have had a few of their homburgs pass through my hands before, but never one in my size. Until this one came along. An excellent hatmaker by any standard they made hats for other brands (like G.A. Dunn&Co) and under their own brand name.
    Homburg in black with the brim at 6cm and the crown 11cm at the center dent. The liner is not in pristine condition (to say the least) and the sweat seems to have an addiction to leather conditioner (but seems solid enough). Fits me like a dream and the felt, ribbon and brim binding are all in great condition. I think this one is 1930's.

13. Steve1857

Steve1857 Practically Family

That is a very nice find, Stefan. Did it come with the feather?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

steur likes this.
  14. Steve1857

Steve1857 Practically Family

Yet another nice English hat, Stefan. I particularly like the bow. I think the wear on the liner is testimony to the fact that someone got a lot of use out of it. I have a Battersby Homburg with similar wear on the liner. It's 1930s, too. Glad to hear this one's your size. Congrats.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

steur, busmatt and Tukwila like this.
  15. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned One of the Regulars

Lee silver label homburg reinforcements for @steur's T&W Lees and the Homburg Nation:
    IMG_0912.JPG

16. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Yes! The homburg nation welcomes all newcomers. Wonderful looking homburg it is too and we don't see that many Lee homburgs around. Lovely colours.

bowlerman and TheOldFashioned like this.
  17. drmaxtejeda

drmaxtejeda I'll Lock Up

Nice! I like the shape of homburgs, I just think I look stupid in them, though.
    Maybe I also look stupid without them, and don't even know it.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

busmatt, bowlerman, Steve1857 and 2 others like this.
  18. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned One of the Regulars

Uh...no comment.

It might work better if you weren't wearing polos on the golf course all the time too! ;) All joking aside, you know what they say. You gotta wear the hat, don't let it wear you.

19. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack One of the Regulars

You also think you don't look good in a western either, and I respectfully disagree.

drmaxtejeda likes this.
  20. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Steve, thanks. Nice finds, both of them for sure. Too bad the Portis doesn't fit me. It did come with the feather. I always take them out (so far with just one exception). This one I'll leave in because the hat will be a display piece for now.

bowlerman and Steve1857 like this.