Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horween USA and Aero Leather Joint Statement

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Fair point. So where is IH on this? There's no court case pending on them and they could easily draw a line under this with an equally blunt statement.

alex1976

New in Town
Agreed. And I hope those who've never met or dealt with Giles give him the benefit of the doubt and don't just form an opinion based on what Alex has presented here.
In my experience Giles is first class all the way; I don't know the specifics of what's happened with Alex so can't comment further than that, just on my own dealings. My Aero/IH jacket has turned out to be steer, and I've stood and talked face to face with Giles about sending mine back for replacement, and he certainly had no problem with that. This perception that's been created that he's trying to hide something seems absurd. I didn't really want to get involved in this, I'm happily working out my situation behind the scenes with Holly, but I couldn't stand by whilst this character assassination is going on. Let's all just take a deep breath.

hey mattp.....your Aero/IH jacket is made of Steerhide???
how did you experienced it and who proved the jacket and said it is steer?
and is it a mix or complete steerhide?
what do you do then...did you get a replacement jacket from aero?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It might be hard for some here to imagine, but I'd guess that there are some people out there with lives that do not revolve around the Fedora Lounge.

Oh, come on. I think Giles is well aware of what Alex has been posting on the FL. He may have even being doing the same elsewhere. Put it this way: if I was being called out in this way, I'd be keen to put my side for fear of the damage being done to my business - I'm sure there are more than a few people who'd think twice about dealing with IH in light of this. Look at what Holly at Aero did: a simple offer to help this guy out, and it makes all the difference in perception.

Giles

New in Town
I have been watching but honestly did not want to get involved. None of the posters here know the complete story, so just about everything is speculation. Suffice to say, as soon as the holidays are over I will be talking to my lawyers about pursuing Alex1976 for slander and defamation of character. We strive to give world class customer service and I believe that our honest and loyal customers will fully endorse this. It's very distressing that many people who have never dealt with us are making judgements about our ethics based on spiteful falsehoods. We sold that jacket to Alex in good faith as horse hide (which is what it was sold to us as by Aero Leathers) for USD800. Aero Leathers made a statement recently that some of the jackets they sold as horse hide were not what they purported to be. Alex was concerned about this, and after corresponding with him he requested we collect the jacket from him (at our expense) in order to get it evaluated. We cannot now be 100% certain that every panel is horse hide. On the basis that we unwittingly sold something that what was not as advertised, we have refunded Alex USD800 via PayPal, the full price paid for the jacket (which Alex has worn for some months). He refused the refund and is demanding that we give him USD1600. It would appear that all along his motives have been to try to make a financial gain out of the situation. We are distressed and increasingly angry that our reputation and honesty is being maligned - on forums such as this and on Facebook. We are in the process of making some official complaints and are quite prepared, albeit with great reluctance and sadness, to go legal if necessary. Giles & Paula

alex1976

New in Town
the full price that i paid was not 800USD...i paid 770€ that is ca. 1000USD!!!

giles that is not correct...i never claimed 1600 USD bar from you.
why do u write this lie?

Last edited:

Giles

New in Town
I have just checked. It was actually Euro784. My mistake. A full refund is what I always intended to do, so I'll do that now.

alex1976

New in Town
Fact is when i get the 784€ insteed of my jacket..i can´t buy me a new horsehide jacket from aero for this amount.
Giles... i want i need my jacket back because i need it for a replacement through AERO

I CAN´T BUYING A NEW ONE FOR THE 784€

Giles please send me my jacket back and peace!

alex

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Fact is when i get the 784€ insteed of my jacket..i can´t buy me a new horsehide jacket from aero for this amount.
Giles... i want i need my jacket back because i need it for a replacement through AERO

I CAN´T BUYING A NEW ONE FOR THE 784€

Giles please send me my jacket back and peace!

alex

I've dealed with Giles several times and found him to be an honest seller, who took back what didn't fit or what I didn't like to keep. Beside this the Ironheart products are one of the best I know of ...

Giles, why don't you send back the jacket to Alex? He might keep it (also steerhide can be beautiful :)) or he might send it back to Aero for checking. You can't do anything wrong sendig it back - it was not you that might have ordered to use steer instead of horse. And meanwhile we all know how difficult it is to differ between these two hides, so you never won't be blamed for the hide used (if it really is steer).

But a lot of the forum members here would be taken aback if you refuse to give Alex his jacket back ...

Kind regards,

Johannes

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have also have a positive dealing with IH and Giles, both through email and bought product.

I think it is a good thing that IH comes forward here. It might not solve everything so everyone is happy, but I see it as a good thing and it improves my faith in IH.

wdw

One Too Many
IH will be as much an unwitting victim as anybody else, unknowlingly passing on potentially dodgy goods. All they need to do is send the questionable jackets back to Aero for examination and then it's up to Aero to sort out the mess. No doubt IH will have been in touch with other potential victims to make sure that everything is as it should be.

This is a mountain out of a molehill, as long as Alex's jacket ends up with Aero, one way or another.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Yes I agree with the previous speakers!

If IH will stay a trustable company, they should do what Alex wants and send the jacket back ...

alex1976

New in Town
I have been watching but honestly did not want to get involved. None of the posters here know the complete story, so just about everything is speculation. Suffice to say, as soon as the holidays are over I will be talking to my lawyers about pursuing Alex1976 for slander and defamation of character. We strive to give world class customer service and I believe that our honest and loyal customers will fully endorse this. It's very distressing that many people who have never dealt with us are making judgements about our ethics based on spiteful falsehoods. We sold that jacket to Alex in good faith as horse hide (which is what it was sold to us as by Aero Leathers) for USD800. Aero Leathers made a statement recently that some of the jackets they sold as horse hide were not what they purported to be. Alex was concerned about this, and after corresponding with him he requested we collect the jacket from him (at our expense) in order to get it evaluated. We cannot now be 100% certain that every panel is horse hide. On the basis that we unwittingly sold something that what was not as advertised, we have refunded Alex USD800 via PayPal, the full price paid for the jacket (which Alex has worn for some months). He refused the refund and is demanding that we give him USD1600. It would appear that all along his motives have been to try to make a financial gain out of the situation. We are distressed and increasingly angry that our reputation and honesty is being maligned - on forums such as this and on Facebook. We are in the process of making some official complaints and are quite prepared, albeit with great reluctance and sadness, to go legal if necessary. Giles & Paula

Giles i bought so many IH items from you in the past for serval of hundreds $ and never we had any problems.

To the contrary.
All your customer service in the past was absolutely top-notch.
I met you and Paula in Berlin at the Flat Head Party @ DC4 this summer and all i can say i was excited from You and Paula

Giles.... i never slander and affronted you.....the whole mail traffic beetween us that i loaded up here was the trueness.
all was true and nothing invented.

And i load the mail traffic between us only that my english is not the best and anyone who is involved in these theme or with the leather problem and leather question, should read it right what you me wrote.
please remember that you don´t wanted send me my jacket back and give only a refund about 800USD.

Last edited:

apba1166

A-List Customer
Seems to me you two guys have to pick up the phone and call each other and talk this thing out in private, so you can tell each other what you each want out of this, without public agendas getting in the way. I think you'll come to a resolution pretty quick.

Feraud

Bartender
Seems to me you two guys have to pick up the phone and call each other and talk this thing out in private, so you can tell each other what you each want out of this, without public agendas getting in the way. I think you'll come to a resolution pretty quick.
Agreed.
These are business matters that should be handled privately and not aired for public consumption. The business transaction originated outside of the Fedora Lounge and should likewise be resolved outside of here. There is nothing to be gained from posting private correspondence.
Pick up the phone and settle the matter or have your credit card company/bank handle it.

Paden

Vendor
Agreed.
These are business matters that should be handled privately and not aired for public consumption. The business transaction originated outside of the Fedora Lounge and should likewise be resolved outside of here. There is nothing to be gained from posting private correspondence.
Pick up the phone and settle the matter or have your credit card company/bank handle it.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
I would like to add, not only in this case: Be a man!
I mean, it is about jackets! Leather jackets, no more! There is the rumour some HH-labeled jackets have actually been made from steerhide. Beautiful leather still, isn't it? And some drama-queens are kinda crying, huh, huh, I lost my darling, huh, huh!
Guys, man up!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner