Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How about Magnoli's Adventure Boots and HJ Indy Hat?

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
I've no experience of Indy Magnoli's goods, however I was quite excited to find that his company can not only supply an interesting alternative to the 'original' Alden boots worn by Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones movies, but also a re-worked version of the current version of the Herbert Johnson 'Poet' Fedora which was used in the first three movies.

The question is - how good are these boots and hat, especially in comparison with equivalent products? Has anyone in the Lounge purchased these items and what opinions have they formed about them?

These are premium items and I will certainly be in the market for such items later this year, but I'd like to get some idea of how good they are before I spend a considerable amount of money!

I've compared the website views of Magnoli's boots to the current 'original' Alden 'Indy Boots' - and the Magnoli boots appear to be pretty much identical to the Aldens with the exception of a traditional leather sole, which I actually feel is an improvement as it's much easier to get them repaired and in any case it's more 'authentic'.

Also a choice of colours is available, more closely emulating the dark brown 'original' Indy boots than is possible with the current somewhat lighter coloured Aldens. Bearing in mind Magnoli's are custom-made boots and the price is very close to the Alden boots ($330 instead of $320), are Magnoli's boots the better buy and indeed the better boots?

Regarding the hat, I'm no expert on these things but it would be nice to have a Herbert Johnson fedora bearing in mind the original was one of these, assuming the improvements outlined on Magnoli's website have been done. It looks like a good hat, although not cheap at $295, but I don't mind paying a fair price for a quality and accurate hat. Yes I know there are both cheaper and more expensive options from other makers, but not having experienced a superior quality 'Indy hat', I wonder what the Johnson/Magnoli version is like and how it might compare to others?

Bearing in mind I'm looking for quality gear that will be put to hard use over many years, any comments will be gratefully received!

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
Sounds like you should check out COW. There is a ton of info on the Magnoli Herbert Johnson and every other Indy hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy