Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How about vacuum cleaning your jeans, denim jacket, and the lining of your leather jackets

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I’ve read about spiders and other insects laying eggs in ear canals or just under the skin. Truth be told, normal spiders do not bother me. But the south Florida flying cockroaches make me cringe. Nasty, disgusting and when I see one I hammer it into oblivion with a magazine. My wife thinks I am crazy when I go all Michael Meyers. I hammer it until it becomes a fine mist and some little cockroach legs lol.
JMax you sound like the kinda guy who would enjoy bug tennis. Just get one of those Tennis Racquet Bug Zappers. Best $5 i ever spent. Quite satisfying!!
B

JMax you sound like the kinda guy who would enjoy bug tennis. Just get one of those Tennis Racquet Bug Zappers. Best $5 i ever spent. Quite satisfying!!
B

Yessir. I hear you. During down times I would walk around our compound with a tennis zapper in each hand. Usually late at night. In the morning I would line the dead flies up, as a warning to their friends. Good times. Haha. Anything to fill the time.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Vacuum cleaning jacket lining, yes, jeans? No.

The dust particles, especially at home and on your clothes, are mainly made by by the skin that you shed every single minute. "According to a 2011 study published in the journal Environmental Science & Technology, we shed between 0.03 and 0.09g of skin every hour. That sounds like almost nothing, but over the course of a lifetime it adds up to about 35kg, or roughly half your bodyweight."

Reginald Buckleaf III

New in Town
I have three pair of selvedge denim jeans. The oldest pair is 2.5 years old. I don’t do laborious work in them or sweat in them. I have a small hand held roller attachment that fits on my vacuum (a shrunken down version of what cleans the carpet) and I’ve used this before to vacuum them inside and out. Two of the three pair have had one “soak” in the tub but none have actually been washed. No weird odors at all. They still smell like the dye. I wear a pair on Friday to an office and I’ll wear them some on the weekends in the Fall / Winter months so they don’t see heavy rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner