Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How brave/dumb is Michael Moore

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Either Michael Moore has more guts than I thought, or is a bigger idiot than we were lead to believe. I'd be interested in seeing if he leaves "Bush Country" in one piece. I am considering going since he will be taking questions afterwards.

What questions would you ask Moore if given the chance?

Moore's latest dumb move

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
"That was going to be more of a media event than an opportunity to show the public the film," he said. "But our goal as Friends for Peace is to get out information. It's not a political thing for us.

Since they don't care what kind of "information" they get out, they won't mind distributing Ku Klux Klan, Its Origin, Growth, and Disbandment By D.L. Wilson and J.C. Lester or Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler.

It's not a political thing....right?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
OH MAN!!!

That traitor was on The O'Reilly Factor and I missed it.:mad:

I did read the transcript though. Moore is the Jane Fonda of this generation.

He said the Soviet Union didn't fall because of Reagan and the arms race making them bankrupt. "It fell because the people rose up". This guy is so blinded by liberalism that he needs a seeing eye dog. :rolleyes:

Moore, the director who made "Fahrenheit 9/11" and created one of the election season's biggest uproars, said he wouldn't go on "The O'Reilly Factor" until O'Reilly saw the entire movie. And he said any conversation would have to be aired without any editing and with the opportunity for Moore to ask O'Reilly questions.

Moore knows first hand what can be done with editing. He wouldn't want to have happen to him what he does to others.;)

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face
Check out this transcript of him talking with Bill O'Reilly last night on the O'Reilly Factor. I think the transcript speaks for itself, and also answers BD Jones' question from above (For my money, Moore *is* a bigger idiot than we were led to believe).

Feraud

Bartender
So sick of Michael Moore.

I for one am sick of seeing and hearing this guy. He is hogging the spotlight from real activists who actually have something to say.
His last film, Bowling for Columbine really disgusted me. If he actually had a point, he hid it behind his self-righteous facade. He used 'creative editing' and good old fashioned lies to make a point. Unfortunately, this appeard as 'evidence' to the un-informed.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
If Moore took a bullet in the head, I would be shocked. I wouldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t be surprised though. He?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a hate merchant, and while he makes demands on people to answer his questions, he can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t answer ones asked of him. O?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢Reilly is a fair interviewer, and he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s not going to let Moore get away with nonsense. But even he got tired of Moore?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s nonsense in that interview.

Full Circle ?¢‚Ǩ‚Äú Moore can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t handle the pressure of chrism. He only thrives when he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s lecturing but falls apart under debate.

He?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s an idiot, and his followers are idiots. They want their information processed for them. I really feel awful for people who buy his absurdity. He talks in circles?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ we should have struck against Hitler preemptively, but not Saddam?

The people who gush over F-911 won?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t read the Commission report on September 11th, which pretty much says that Moore is full of crap in so many words. Here you have a partisan commission that says there was communication between Saddam and Osama?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ but the Moore-ons don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t want to hear it. They like the lie too much.

It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s easier to hate Bush for whatever reason then it is to accept the fact that Al-Qaeda hates us because we?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re not more like them. Don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t ask me why.

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
I read the ranscript yesterday on Drudge before the program aired so I didn't bother to tune in. O'Reilly came off like a big chump. I was actually getting pissed off reading that stupid thing. O'Reilly likes to think he is a big bad ass hard hitting interviewer but he totally let Moore run the show! O'Reilly could have kept hitting him with any number of Moore's dozens of inaccuracies and flat out lies but he gets cought up in playground antics. Then he let's Moore turn the interview around and gets walked all over. Every single line that Moore spewed out of his fat mouth I could have destroyed with facts and logic. And I don't even have a journalism degree!! What the hell was O'Reilly doing?! He's been whining for weeks that Moore wouldn't come on his show. When he finally does sit down in the "No Spin Zone" O'Reilly gets bitched slapped into a defensive position.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Edge... I'll say this much, Moore did a good job not answering any of Bill's questions. You have to "admire" they way he avoided saying anything substantial.

I hope Moore is more vocal and campains hard for Kerry, because Moore does more harm to Kerry then Kerry's record does, and that says a lot.

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Sorry, Fisk. I can not admire a man (and I use the term begrudgingly) that manipulates emotions by refering to our fighting men and women as "children." Our soldiers may be young but they are all free thinking adults. Moore makes it sound like Bush goes into kindergartens and grabs six year olds to send off to war. I have nothing but contempt for that pig.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
I don't like the pig anymore then you do. For crying out loud he's not even man enough to grow a decent beard much less face the facts and answer hard questions. {Half Joke}

I put the word "Admire" in quotations for that reason... sarcasm. Moore contradicts himself; he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s all over the map. I just heard the Interview again on The Radio Factor: Moore says we should have attacked Germany and Japan preemptively?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ but we shouldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t do this thing in Iraq? That doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t make any sense. We should have gotten involved in Europe to save millions of Jews, but we shouldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t have gotten involved in Iraq and saved millions of Kurds and other Iraqi?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s?

Bush ?¢‚Ǩ?ìlied?¢‚Ǩ? about the WMDs and the link to Al-Qaeda? Obviously he hasn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t read as much news or of the Commission report as I have.

Sure, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s all about the Oil. Ok?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ What fuels his SUV?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s, gets his kids to their private schools, fuels the trucks that bring food to the super-market, generates the electricity used to show his movies, and heats his home?

havershaw

Practically Family
Ren, I just read your newest "rant" (from the link at the bottom of your post).

Some points I don't agree with, but overall, really great points were made. Folks spend too much time arguing about whose fault it was that the Wolf blew our house down, not enough trying to find the Wolf and making sure he's huffed his last puff.

(not super-related to MM...but ah well.)

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by jamespowers
Is Friends for Peace some kind of commie front group like National Answer?
Moore is dangerous. He ought to be required to get a permit to think. ;)

Regards to all,

J
I think they are a modern hippy organization that protests everything and would like the world to sit around, hold hands, and sing "Kum-Ba-Ya" in order to solve problems. Here is their website:
http://www.crawfordpeacehouse.org/index.html

From what I understand, they moved into Crawford just after Bush was elected.

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Focus where it needs to be...eh!

Well put Bob...the tenur of discussion and the general "heated" temperature of it...has done exactly what the enemy has wanted ie. internal disention and feelings of impotence, leading to fear. Having a brother-in-law just return from Afganistan (Remember Afganistan?)...our efforts and energies need to be spent persuing those responsible. There will always be debate and arguement about responsibility...but that's just the result of our "Blame oriented" culture.
Perhaps its because I'm so use to hearing things I don't agree with..but I don't mind Micheal Moore. Mind you... he did get himself in hot water up here in the Great White North. He's facing possible charges with contravening a portion of our Canadian National elections Act. Perhaps the US should en-act something like it. It restricts any perceived media propoganda during election periods.
We elected Paul Martin's liberals again...even after they were caught "RED HANDED"..giving millions of tax dollars to their media pals". Moore..(on a visit) still seemed to think they were better than those "Scary" Conservatives. In this last election..Scary meant.."Western Canadian or those with Judeo/Christian values and ethics". I think it was something he said...hmmm. Not everything he says is wrong or bad, its just more a matter of when he says it eh.

Just my thoughts
Kilgour Trout

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
UPDATE!!!

The wife and I have decided to go to Crawford tonight. However, we will not be attending the movie. Instead, we are going to a Pro-Bush rally at the only restaurant in town (that tells you how small the town is). Nobody in the own is expected to attend the movie, except for those few that are actually a part of the "Peace House". The only ones expected to attend the movie are from out of town. Now, the Pro-Bush rally may end up making its way to the screening, since the football field is less that a mile away (actually it is about 5 blocks). Since the national media is already in town, it should get wide coverage. Look for a guy in a brown Indy style fedora and American flag shirt; that will be me.

The only reason Moore is doing this is to pick a fight with the Republican Party. He will not change one person?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s mind from the town of Crawford. This film is not about uncovering the truth, but is about hatred towards one person. F-911 is no more of a documentary than "Spinal Tap" was. I work with an ultra-liberal, Bush-hater. He saw the movie on opening day and loved it, though when asked why the only reason he could give is that President Bush makes some funny faces and says some funny things. Heck, even I think Bush makes some funny faces and I laugh at some of the things he says. But that is no reason to hate him. In fact, that shows that he is a simple man, just like me (and everyone else in this world), who is working hard to make this country safe. Of course, this guy I work with can't even explain to me why he is a democrat or hates President Bush. Don't you find that true of most liberal-Bush haters?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Re: UPDATE!!!

Originally posted by BD Jones
F-911 is no more of a documentary than "Spinal Tap" was.

That is a great comparison.

Thanks for representing the conservative voice tonight. I will be with you in spirit. Wear the red, white and blue with pride.

I bet the media will downplay it though.

I wish I were there.

Gee, that would be a great outing if it were not about 1000 miles away from me. :( I live in what I thought was a small town but Crawford is like the desert compared to where I live. :D It would be nice to be around a bunch of people that think the same for once. A quaint small town, lots of right minded individuals who love America and good food. Who could ask for more?
Report back the details of what takes place---not from a jail cell---please. :D I doubt that will happen but those nuts could come over and attack with their purses. LOL

Regards to all,

J

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
I was watching FNC during my work out and Laurie Dhue reported that Mikey Moore pulled a last minute cancelation of his trip to Crawford.

Interestingly enough, just after BD Jones announced his participation in a pro-Bush rally at that very site. Coincidence? The Force is strong with this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran