Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How brave/dumb is Michael Moore

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the kind words guys!!! But, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m just a simple man who believes in doing what is right and is taking a stand against the far left radicals. I think Moore heard of our motto: ?¢‚Ǩ?ìDon?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t mess with Texas!?¢‚Ǩ?

I was disappointed that Moore backed out of his engagement, but it didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t really surprise me. I found out on the way to the rally when my liberal co-worker called to tell me that he decided not to go because Moore wasn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t going to be there. I guess his convictions aren?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t as strong as mine are. I went to the Pro-Bush rally first. This was my first ever political rally, but it will not be my last. Folks, there is nothing like a small town, conservative rally. Friendship, family values, and true patriotism were the order of the day. We had several of our elected officials on hand, and they even stuck around afterwards to talk to the people and join the demonstration outside. I even had a chance to talk to my state representative about some issues I was interested in and get their stand on a personal level. There were patriotic songs, praise songs, prayer, and several tributes to veterans and those that are currently serving our country. It was a truly moving experience. In fact, during a rendition of ?¢‚Ǩ?ìGod Bless the USA?¢‚Ǩ? performed by an amazing 12 year old, my wife started to cry (and did the big lug in the fedora standing next to her had to fit back a tear or two). You might have too if you heard the way this kid sang it; WOW, it was a truly moving moment. Of course, the frail Korean War vet two rows up who stood for the entire song at attention with out holding on to his walker didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t help either. The best part of the rally was when a local resident of Crawford spoke about patriotism, freedom, and the joy he felt, and still feels, when the Taliban and Saddam regimes were taken down. He spoke with such pride, joy, and energy about being an American. Oh, and the best part . . . he is half-Iraqi, half-Iranian, whose parents were persecuted and he escape the tyranny for a better, free life in America. He gets the reasons behind the war effort more than any liberal I have met.

Unbelievably, some of the Moore-ons actually came to the Bush rally and tried to protest us outside. A few even made it in, but those were at least respectful and listened, unlike the few out side. I even got into a heated debate with one wacko as I was trying to enter the rally, who chastised me for ?¢‚Ǩ?ìdisgracing the flag that I was wearing by supporting an international criminal.?¢‚Ǩ? After five minutes politely trying to explain that Moore?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s movie was nothing but a one-sided propaganda film, which had no basis in fact and was simply an outlet for his hatred of President Bush, I began to get a little heated. Thank goodness my wife saw the steam escaping from my fedora and pulled me inside. Some Japanese news crew caught the whole thing on tape. The police did ask those causing disturbances outside to leave, which is only fair because of what happened to me latter. By the way, the guy I was arguing wasn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t even from Texas, but rather Arkansas.

After the rally, we made our way out to the main street for an impromptu parade/pep rally. Once the bulk of the crowd came out of the building where the rally was held, a mass of us made our way down to the football field where the screening was taking place, chanting ?¢‚Ǩ?ìBush 04?¢‚Ǩ? all the way. However, before when actually made it to the field, we were stopped by the local police. They told us we could continue to the screening, but we could not take our signs or do our yells because we did not have a permit to protest there, only downtown. A few tried to argue, and I even whipped out my pocket version of the ?¢‚Ǩ?ìDeclaration of Independence and Constitution of the United States of America?¢‚Ǩ?, just in case I had to read them the first amendment, regarding freedom of speech and assembly. The police understood our position (I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t think they wanted the Moore-ons there other), but had to follow the law (which I respect) and told us that if we didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t leave we would be removed. Since I didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t have enough for bail money for me and my wife, we made our way back to the Bush rally. We left for home at about 10:30 and it was still going strong.

There was also a new, 11-minute video premiered at the rally. It is a video that shows how Kerry has flip-flopped on the war in Iraq. His own words, no voice over, just the facts. A true documentary. They were passing out free copies, but they ran out by the time I got to the table. You can see the video here. Scroll down to where it says ?¢‚Ǩ?ìLatest RNC Video?¢‚Ǩ? and click ?¢‚Ǩ?ìView?¢‚Ǩ?. Overall, it was a good night. I met some new friends, reaffirmed my conservative values. It was a night of praising America and patriotism. I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t know what went on down at the viewing, but I bet it wasn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t near as positive, uplifting, and patriotic as the rally I was at. My only regret is that I forgot to take my camera. I remember it right as I pulled into town.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I have to comment on that.

If you resort to fisticuffs during a debate, it means you have no more points to make and nothing compelling to add to the conversation.

I am intimately familiar with being passionate about something close to your heart and feeling the heat rise when someone feels just as strongly in the opposite direction.

The frustration is worth it if you can walk away respecting the other person even if you disagree. It is better still if you were able to convey your conviction that helped them understand your position and vice versa...

...not that I am very good at doing that.;)

BD:

Thank you so much for your effort last night and for sharing your story.

Keep the faith buddy.:clap

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I could have taken him. He was a rather scrawny fellow, who's only muscle appeared to be him mouth, which at the time was being wasted on rhetoric and re-hashed, liberal, garbage speak. I could have "dotted his eye" (something my students say when there is a fight) and been done with him without even breaking a sweat.

I do agree with you MK, but this guy just wouldn't stop the stupid comments and personal attacks towards me. Usually it takes people at least 5 minutes before they decide to hate me. I just walked by this guy. You'd think I insulted his mother by the way he was going at me. After a while, I just wanted to knock some sense into him. :rage: Luckily, cooler heads prevailed. In hindsight, he probably wouldn't have even been worth the effort. I would have just been arrested, sued, or worse, the pictures of me punching the jerk would have been all over the media, making him a "martyr" and lending weight to the liberal message. No thank you to that! But, if he had said anything to my wife, it would have been "go time". I draw the line there. [bad] Of course, I'd have to wait until my wife was finished with him first. She can be a little fireball at times. Even she could have taken this guy!

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Did he look anything like this fella?

29.jpg

Ah, here is what I was afraid of but you managed to side-step it quite well. Libs always try to get you into an altercation so you look like a mean conservative beating up a defenseless girlie-man lib. You look like the Hulk and they look like Dr. Banner. Wonderful! :rolleyes:
I get into a few things like this all the time around here because I am in politics as a hobby. My phrased saved for Moore-ons and the like is: "Let's just agree to disagree." It comes in handy in a case where you have reached your limit of patience and they have reached their limit of logic. Just say it and walk away. They usually look at you funny and stand there. Logic as such is wasted on the closed minded. LOL
It is never worth soiling your cause with violence unless they start it. Then you have my permission to knock his block off. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24