Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the lounge?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PADDY said:
"The Fedora Lounge was the kind of town where they spell trouble T-R-U-B-I-L, and if you try to correct them, then they kill you. I liked that"

"I was a floater with not much more than a suitcase full of nothing between me and the gutters...So when a man in a hat from Washington called and made me an offer to come onto the board, well all my horses had come in at once! The stakes were high in neon letters, and it made me feel the way when the cards are falling right for you, with a nice little pile of blue and yellow chips in the middle of the table - I knew this was getting interesting...

When I walked in for the Bartender's interview, she looked like a very special kind of dynamite, neatly wrapped in nylon and silk. Only I wasn’t having any. I’d been too close to an explosion already and my skin still burned. I was powder shy.

But common sense went out the window like a snake down the fire escape stinking of another fella's dame. Common sense is the guy who tells you ought to have had your brakes relined last week before you smashed a front end this week.

Still, I was living in a sewer and being offered a swamp, I was going up in the world!

She said to me, "Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid... He is the hero, he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor, by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world. Are you this man Paddy...?"

Then she gave me a smile I could feel in my hip pocket.

How could I say no..? She was a blonde. A blonde to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained-glass window and I was being called to the alter..."

I did wonder if I was biting off more than I could chew, and asked myself, "You think you’ll get a fair shake from this Lounge crowd?" I guess, "When cows give beer you will."

She then offered me the job through the fog of a Cuban cigar and from 30 feet away she sure looked like a lot of class, but, from 10 feet away I soon discovered she looked like something made up to be seen from 30feet away.

Still, Bartendering the Lounge isn't a bad job, and , "As they say, life begins with 50 G’s..!"

Paddy, that was the greatest thing I've read in my life. Besides Aeschylus and Homer, that is.

kampkatz

Practically Family
I was looking for info on authentic A2's and stumbled across the link. BTW, Paddy's descriptive explanation seems to show some flavor from Garrison Keilor of Prarie Home Companion's Guy Noir. Could there be a possible influence?

Scotus

One of the Regulars
I used Google, searching for pics of hair cuts from the 30s to show to the person who cuts my hair. Found the pics and decided to stay.

Foofoogal

Banned
I have no idea but was for my business. I was under another name first sandysfancy I think but changed it to foofoogal.
I am not here lately as much as I used to be though. Has changed a lot over the time I have been here. Sandy

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I was looking for information/justification for my pencil moustache. It just so happened that I had also been edging into a really old fashioned style for a while. Things just kinda fell together and the Lounge pushed me over the brink.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Well, I believe I was searching for plans for a doomsday device, but got sidetracked on the idea of finding what suits went with what hats... yes that was it. Still haven't given up on the doomsday device though.

Warden

One Too Many
I used to be on the the old yahoo 360 social network site and one of my online 'friends' told me about the site. Her name was vintage Jess, have not seen her on here for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner