Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the lounge?

irb

Familiar Face
It was a dark and stormy night....

I remember that night, the rain pouring down on the slick streets, the air a little on the cold side of comfortable. It was as if the inky night had tried to cover up the grime of the city by inducing the skies to weep. I drew my elegant A2 bomber closer to me as I charged down the street against the wind, my Akubra Federation IV tight on my head, a glint of street light illuminating my tasteful hat pin. People on the street, fleeing the foul weather, still could not resist shouting out, "Hey-o Indiana!" but I ignored them with grace and poise. Ahead, a neon light proclaimed my destination: The Fedora Lounge. I had almost made it when a mysterious man in a very nice vintage linen suit and Monecristi Super Fino stepped out of the shadows in front of me. "Here now," he said, "what Golden Era celebrity do you think I most look like?" We stepped inside to continue our conversation.

Well, at least it makes a better story than "I was looking for a Panama hat and found this place in the course of my searching.".... *grin*

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I saw a guy wearing a really cool looking Borsalino, so I went home and googled 'Borsalino' to see about ordering one....I found this place, and some of the coolest people on the internet!

Scott <=== now has a debilitating Bors-habit

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
I've worn...

...fedoras and more classic styles for years, but I didn't know a thing about hats. I just knew what I liked. I decided I needed a different color hat, and bought one at a local hat store. I googled to learn more and ran smack dab into the lounge!!

KeyGrip

A-List Customer
My friend and I were getting into fedoras in a big way when he ran across the forum looking for instructions on crown shaping. I, having the non-free email address, signed up.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Google searching quality leather jackets, found a photo of James Bond wearing an Aero Highwayman. Googled Aero jackets which brought me to this wonderful site and a few months down the road to my own Aero leather :)

kyda

One of the Regulars
I am not overly sure how I found the Fedora Lounge, I think I was looking for information on vintage stuff ( love the clothes, make-up) and was dragged here, and I have not left.

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Googling for info on vintage Avirex A-2 jackets

As my jacket is on it's last legs I was Googling for info on vintage Avirex A-2 jackets when I came across the Fedora Lounge and a thread on "orphaned jackets", the rest is history.

RetroPat

Familiar Face
Someone was trying to sell an Art Deco pen stand on The Fountain Pen Network and another member mentioned the seller should try posting here. I decided to take a look at FL and the rest is history. I tend to look around here more than I actually post, but I always learn something pretty cool about the Golden Era when I'm here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24